Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
A Little Fun with Wifey's Ecoboost >

A Little Fun with Wifey's Ecoboost

Notices

A Little Fun with Wifey's Ecoboost

Old 08-25-2012, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Little Fun with Wifey's Ecoboost

Used the wife's F-150 to head to town today. Decided to see if I could pull a good holeshot in it. Got a mile or two from the house, stopped in the middle of the road, smashed the gas pedal, smoke pouring out of rear of truck after a few seconds, looked down and the truck had switched all the way up to 4 gear and was still barely moving with smoke billowing out from everywhere. After what seemed to be about 10 seconds, I decided to back out of it to save the tires. Not sure how long it would have lasted but it showed no signs of slowing down. Probably a stupid idea in hindsight but it was pretty bad ass at the time. This motor is pretty sweet and is amazing for a V-6.

Mike
Old 08-25-2012, 07:02 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

I heard it is pretty easy turning the boost up to 20+ lbs!!
Old 08-26-2012, 06:14 AM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DRIPPINWETII
I heard it is pretty easy turning the boost up to 20+ lbs!!
My son has one. Please post instructions. LOL
Old 08-26-2012, 07:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 350scarab
My son has one. Please post instructions. LOL
Usually you can shorten the rod on the wastegate a few turns...that will raise the boost. I would do a little research first though! I do know I read somewhere that the Ford techs were playing around with this and it woke up the sleeping giant!!!
Old 08-26-2012, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just want to know when GM is going to wake up and come out with something similar! I would buy when in a second if it had a Chevy badge on it!

Nothing against fords, just been a GM man my whole life, can't bring myself to switching!
Old 08-26-2012, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BigMike
smashed the gas pedal, smoke pouring out of rear of truck
Mike
:

Next time we need pics; promise not to show the wife....
Old 08-26-2012, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

Better still, how about the OP takes the pics, of his wife burning the tires off of her truck. LOL
Old 08-26-2012, 05:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by 502ss
I just want to know when GM is going to wake up and come out with something similar! I would buy when in a second if it had a Chevy badge on it!

Nothing against fords, just been a GM man my whole life, can't bring myself to switching!
May be forced to short;y! GM not doing to well again!!

FORD baby!
Old 08-26-2012, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by 502ss

If you try one, you will buy one (or two in my case!). I had 7+ brand new GM trucks and kept most over 100K miles. I went to get another last year and found all the GM 1500 series trucks were now made in Mexico. Not interested in Mexican trucks, so I ventured onto a Ford lot. Bought a loaded F150 crew cab and recently traded my wife's 09 Yukon for a 2013 Ford Explorer Limited. I liked the Yukon, she didn't love it. Only disappointing thing with the Explorer.....Front Wheel Drive sucks, torque steer catches you by surprise coming out of rear wheel drive vehicles.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Registered

Yea, I know. Pics would have been cool. I probably could have dropped a brick on gas pedal, stepped out, snapped a few pictures and jumped back in before it went anywhere.

Most unique thing about this motor is that there is zero lag between pressing the pedal and getting pushed back in your seat. Used to a traditional V-8 down shifting, making lots of noise and eventually kicking in. This thing sort of feels electric. Power is practically instant. I guess that's what big torque does for it. Neat.

Hopefully GM can get their act together and sell some vehicles. Last thing we need is a double dipper.

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.