Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
what size truck would I need to tow a formula 382 fastech legally ? >

what size truck would I need to tow a formula 382 fastech legally ?

Notices

what size truck would I need to tow a formula 382 fastech legally ?

Old 01-02-2013, 08:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Can you give some examples where a #6, M8, NXT, Indy, or SCX-4 all running surface drive props is proven better in a application then a Arneson?

So who decides what a proper application is? How did you get that info?

Since you claim to know what the proper application is for every drive you must also know the EXACT MAGIC STEP HULL design that makes a boat go the fastest, safest, wave crusher out there!

What boat company do you own and when can we all order one?

Most of us on OSO are trying to help others with knowledge and info we have. They in turn get to make their own decisions given all the info at hand. I sure would rather have people trying to help others then scared to because they will get ridiculed by users like you.

Lighten up and enjoy the new year!
first all I am being light, hence all the little smilies. Helping people is one thing, helping people with bad and/or poor advice is another. Your bazooka to kill a fly method is old. As is your banter about Arneson drives, honestly your blind cheer-leading has probably turned more people off towards learning more about them and applying them properly because you think they fit everything, whether it be an alpha, an ASD, BPM or whatever if the hull and drive aren't compatible mechanically or dollar wise, then its not a good fit.. you sound like catmando and his Cummings advice so reach down untwist your undies and have a good night

Last edited by offshoredrillin; 01-03-2013 at 06:07 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Must have missed something along the way! How did this thread go from tow vehicles to an Arneson debate?
Old 01-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Old 01-02-2013, 10:36 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Likefastboats
Must have missed something along the way! How did this thread go from tow vehicles to an Arneson debate?
Ditto. I have several Formula 382's with Arnesons that run great but I never thought this tow thread was about that.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:05 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Likefastboats
It was my fault, i Laughingly poked fun at offshore excursion for this post about people "pushing" a topic or an item that wasnt for every application and I pointed out his affection for Arnesons and he doing exactly like he was accusing others of. I guess he and Rik are a little sensitive, so I wont post on this thread anymore. But thanks to them for proving my point.

Some will say you need a medium duty or a semi cause hey its OSO and we all have our ego to please.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:30 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Can you give some examples where a #6, M8, NXT, Indy, or SCX-4 all running surface drive props is proven better in a application then a Arneson?

So who decides what a proper application is? How did you get that info?

Since you claim to know what the proper application is for every drive you must also know the EXACT MAGIC STEP HULL design that makes a boat go the fastest, safest, wave crusher out there!

What boat company do you own and when can we all order one?

Most of us on OSO are trying to help others with knowledge and info we have. They in turn get to make their own decisions given all the info at hand. I sure would rather have people trying to help others then scared to because they will get ridiculed by users like you.

Lighten up and enjoy the new year!

drillin is an engineer at FORD, CHEVY, DODGE, MERC, and every major boat manufacture, dont mind him he knows everything. If he says it it must be true.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:00 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
It was my fault, i Laughingly poked fun at offshore excursion for this post about people "pushing" a topic or an item that wasnt for every application and I pointed out his affection for Arnesons and he doing exactly like he was accusing others of. I guess he and Rik are a little sensitive, so I wont post on this thread anymore. But thanks to them for proving my point.
I'm not sensitive; I just don't see your reasoning for the negativity. This thread as others have pointed out has nothing to do with Arnesons and you seem extremely sensitive to Arnesons for some unapparent reasoning and apparently "offshorexcursion" has brought this to light for people to see.

I do not know what experiences you have with them currently nor have had in the past but you cast the cloud of doubt for Arnesons in your post and you try to indicate this from a position of self-authority and expertise over applications exclaiming what limited applications exist for Arnesons. I am just confused as to why you feel the need to try and pick on Arnesons and state what they will or won’t work on when you honestly don’t know.

Other than this, choose a truck that can stop the weight of the boat and trailer even if the trailer brakes do not work. There is nothing worse than coming to a red light after one has retrieved the boat from a launch and with the trailer brakes are still wet and ineffective the light turns red for your direction and a pedestrian begins to walk through the intersection as you are pushing with all your might on the brake pedal locking up your tires and hoping to avoid a potentially bad situation. Power for hill climbing is very nice as also.