Notices

Trailer Up Lighting

Old 07-29-2014, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kevinb230
do you run those on the road? any trouble with the police?
icedcoffee's lights are the only ones that would be road legal based on the colors. Scag's lights look like Miami boat show! Cool stuff.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kevinb230
do you run those on the road? any trouble with the police?
Nope, not yet. I got the warm color instead of cool. Was hoping for a little more amber but oh well. Let there be light.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
icedcoffee's lights are the only ones that would be road legal based on the colors. Scag's lights look like Miami boat show! Cool stuff.
I was wondering how the law would view these. The LED's on the outside of the rails are amber. The LED's on the inside of the rails are red. You can't see the light fixture itself when the boat is on but you do see the glow...
Old 07-29-2014, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Scagburner
I was wondering how the law would view these. The LED's on the outside of the rails are amber. The LED's on the inside of the rails are red. You can't see the light fixture itself when the boat is on but you do see the glow...
I think it would vary by state, I know in NY you would probably be beat down on the side of the road
Old 07-29-2014, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
I think it would vary by state, I know in NY you would probably be beat down on the side of the road

Have yet to be beat down although they always slow down and look as if they are trying to invent some law I am breaking. On mine I switched from all clear uplighting to a combination of red and amber.
The rear four (that can be viewed from the rear of the boat) are red. The front eight (that can be viewed from the front and/or side of boat) are amber.
This matches the colors on the rest of the trailer lighting, making it DOT compliant.
Dragged it through many states at night with all the lights burning and have never been hassled.

Last edited by Kelly O; 07-29-2014 at 07:54 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Doesn`t look like those are very waterproof.

I got a bunch of Egay and went a little crazy with the leds on the trailer woohoo

when you cut the lights is there new wire to run to a switch each time on these?
Old 09-01-2014, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The new centurian v drive boat trailers have the float switch behind the license plate that turns un small white up lights every foot or so in the trailer frame channel .have to say it does look cool when u plop it in the water at night and the guide lights come on underwater