Notices

Pro comp lift kit 6.5"

Old 01-24-2013, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts
Default Pro comp lift kit 6.5"

How rough will the ride be on an f250 with this lift on it and what will towing be like with it?
Old 01-24-2013, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigboat28
How rough will the ride be on an f250 with this lift on it and what will towing be like with it?
Coils or leaf springs? A leaf sprung truck will ride like a chuck wagon. I rode across country in one and swore that I would never get in that truck ever again. At about 45mph they have a hell of a bounce. Not sure about a truck that has coil overs.

Last edited by The Get Away; 01-24-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Leaf springs
Old 01-24-2013, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ride quality and lifted F-250 can't go in the same sentence.

Not all lift kits make ride quality go away, but on SFA and front leaf spring trucks, it only gets worse.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:26 PM
Registered

Not sure of your particular experiences BUT, I have both a 250 crew and a excursion with 8" BDS lift kit and they ride better than stock and tow level. Not to mention look trick. Buy a quality lift kit.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:37 PM
Platinum Member

Ive owned 4 lifted superduty's since 2000, BDS is the ONLY lift to buy if you want the toughest! lifetime warranty no questions asked!

As for leaf sprung trucks:
Pro Comp is probably one of the better riding (none are good) lifts Ive had in the past, problem is they are the softest lift. Ride ok but the back will sag with the weight of a boat on it were a BDS wont move but a 1/2 inch.

Stay away from skyjacker & RC or Rough Country. They are decent but far from the best. Spring & bushing quality is just not there for serious use.

Now if we were talking Coil sprung front I have a Rize lift under my 08' it honestly rides better then stock, back is still a bit stiff but the front it unreal.

If you have any specific questions please ask, I would be glad to answer from my experience. I have also installed 15-20 lifts in the past mostly Ford F-250 & 350's a couple GM's
Old 01-25-2013, 02:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

if your looking for ride quality look at the end of the leaf springs,if thay are tappered to a thin edge kinda like a knife blade then it will be a smoother ride..If the end of the spring is the same through out the whold spring then it will be stiffer.. if your towing i would not go over 4'' lift and 4:10 gears and 35'' tires work well for towing..over that and the truck will want to dart and wander..
Old 01-25-2013, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

+100 Don't cheap on the lift. I lifted my 06 Harley F350 SRW TWICE! First time was a super lift and the quality was terrible IMO. Second time was a BDS lift with real link bars and it also rode better than stock. I had bilstein shocks which were amazing.

2 things

One you should be a able to convert your front to coils, worth it IMO.

Two, make sure you do an all spring lift on the rear springs, no blocks. This we keep you from sagging when towing. Additional leafs are relatively inexpensive local, if the kit you choose comes with blocks.