Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Anybody have a Sprinter or know about them? >

Anybody have a Sprinter or know about them?

Notices

Anybody have a Sprinter or know about them?

Old 01-29-2013, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by indysupra
Like others have stated the engines are bullet proof, everything else is crap. I had one with only 75k that needed a trans. If your dead set on one i would get the freightliner, they are usually 3-5k cheaper at the auction. They are harder to finance so that makes them cheaper. If the weight requirement fit the nissan nv are great vans.
Nissan NV are great until the manifolds crack- and oh yeah....the cats are built INTO the manifolds and sold as one piece. The part itself is well over 1K and they are a pain to replace.

Same system the titan and armada use.
Done 2 on my titan at 60K while under warranty- bills was 3.5K.

Look at the nissan forums- check it out. Lots of complaining.

Wife has a brand new sprinter 3500 Dually- very nice van - revs too high has a 4:18 rear end - but still gets about 16MPG at 75. and about 15 in town. If I had chosen a lower rear end I'td probably get 2MPG more.

Uncle Dave
Attached Thumbnails Anybody have a Sprinter or know about them?-sprinter-3500-.jpg  
Old 01-29-2013, 08:44 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brand new."....
Old 01-29-2013, 09:03 PM
Registered

Default fixx

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
the older 5 cylinder ones are the keepers..i have a friend that has a 07?? with the 6 cylinder diesel...its in the dealer at leaste 2 times a month..the dealer has replaced about every sensor on the vehicle including wire harness's and the check engine light still comes on..they refuse to lemon law it..the 5 cylinder diesels are better on fuel as well.
just droped it off again at the dealer again for the 356th time,,,they gave him a life time warr lol..
Old 01-29-2013, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are somewhere around 75 to 80 delivery trucks in our terminal and only one of them is a sprinter. All the Contractors got rid of them all. The one sprinter that's left is an 07 and he's had good luck with that one. I just bought a 2013 Chevy 3500 box van. I sure looked hard at that Mercedes sprinter from ARI but I was worried about it after the warranty would run out and it was so much more expensive.

The Nissan 2500 NV Hi Roof with the V6 was the only way I would own one. My driver is reporting to me that he's getting 15 mpg and it has 16,000 miles on it with one flat tire is the only problem I've had. It rides and drives great. I'm with Uncle Dave on the V8, I couldn't take the 10 maybe MPG though.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by commandersander
Brand new."....
Genu-wine.....paper plates and all....

After driving a ford van and a chevy van for years this is a major step forward.

Ergonomics, handling, braking- way better all the way around. Would have preferred it not to be because I was reluctant to pay the freight and wanted to wait for the transit connect with the ecoboost.

UD
Attached Thumbnails Anybody have a Sprinter or know about them?-sprinter.jpg  

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 01-30-2013 at 01:28 AM.