Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
F550 4x4 with Truck Bed - What's it worth? >

F550 4x4 with Truck Bed - What's it worth?

Notices

F550 4x4 with Truck Bed - What's it worth?

Old 05-14-2013, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by commandersander
I bought my 2003 eclipse conversion 4 door f350 6.0 dually in 2008 with 38k and the existing 100k ford power train warranty. Leather captains chairs, tv, DVD, full wood trim.....and a gay azz body kit.

Dealer wanted 15.9

I drove off with a new injector harness and a ficm cause I knew the truck type....

13.6 cash. Sold it last year for 13.5 with 73k and an 05 front end with hid's and new tires....

You can find a deal. Mid teens for salvage is not.

That truck should be about 11k tops, considering the location and title.

Another thought....a Florida salvage retitled in another state and then retitled in Florida drops the "salvage"....

I personally have done it once, but I know many that have repeatedly.
I'm gonna chime in on this one because I have looked for two months and was not able to find what you describe for under 17k yet alone 13k.. I've seen 2003 F350's with the 6.0 for 15k but they are well over 100k miles more like 160k plus. I would of paid 15k or more for your 6.0 with 73k.

2003 was also the first year for the 6.0 from what I'm reading it had the most problems and is the least desirable year. Add that with the gay body kit and maybe that is why you picked it up so cheap.. Either way I couldn't find one for that kind of money.

The truck I'm talking about here is a 7.3 and a F550 not a F350. I'm sure that's good for at least a couple grand in value. Since it will tow almost twice the weight. 12k vs 21k. While 11 or 12k would be a deal, I do feel I will be able to resell it for 14k or 15k even with the rebuilt title.

That being said I bought it last night. I would like to get rid of the rebuilt title but I bough tit cheap enough I don't feel it matters. The truck was put back together right and really didn't have any damage to speak of.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
You can almost buy one brand new for that.....
http://www.mullinaxford.com/detail-2...-10118699.html

Not a KR, but Platinum paint, black leather, 4X4 F350 etc. and it is brand new......last week it was $47,900, rebate must have evaporated since it is 48,900 now.
How about $42,800 ?
Old 05-14-2013, 09:51 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

U should have let me know.....the guy I sold it to would have loved to sell it for a profit at 15k. Anyone else interested?

6.0 in 03 by international is a rock....ficm is the weak point if the batteries are low.

When ford went into credit hold with international, they began to produce a shhiiiiity version of the 6.0 that was....and still is....a catastropy. Can be made bullet proof..... But it is about a 6k venture. The variable vane turbo is great....but with a tuner, egr delete, and a heavy load....they are known to make 30+ lbs of boost and stretch the head bolts.....resulting in blown head gaskets.

Repairs are further frustrating owners by doing a 4 layer black onyx head gasket that rapidly blows as well....as the gasket is crap and the stock bolts (torque yield) are also crap.

The true solution to the ford manufactured 6.0 are arp's and a 5 layer ringed gasket by sinister diesel that incorporate the stock blue layer against the head and the 4 additional onyx layers above....