Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Myco Tongue jack welded style wont go up or down >

Myco Tongue jack welded style wont go up or down

Notices

Myco Tongue jack welded style wont go up or down

Old 06-01-2013, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Myco Tongue jack welded style wont go up or down

Hey guys my tongue jack broke today, won't go up or down, I assume a pin or gear, how do i get in there to see, tried taking apart today but couldn't figure it out,

thanks in advance
Old 06-02-2013, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it the round Atwood 2000 lb jack, with the handle towards the front? If so, the top curved rectanglular cover is held on with a wire spring clip. Use a flat screw driver to remove the wire, and the cover lifts up with very little resistance. Then, you'll see two gears that transfer the handle's movement to the jack's main screw mechanism. Hopefully your problem is there. Those gears remove with either a spring clip, or a drift pin, and once you remove the gear lube, that will be obvious.

The two times I've had to repair the jack, it's been the internal workings of the screw mechanism. To fix it, remove all the gears and handle from the top, and jack the trailer as high as you can with another jack. Than gently beat the top center pin down with a drift or similar tool. Have someone confirm the jack is coming out the bottom. Once it's out, I've never messed with repairing them. Just go buy a new Atwood 2000 jack just like the one on the trailer, and use the new insides in the old welded to the MYCO trailer outsides. Then you're good for several more years.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chart
Is it the round Atwood 2000 lb jack, with the handle towards the front? If so, the top curved rectanglular cover is held on with a wire spring clip. Use a flat screw driver to remove the wire, and the cover lifts up with very little resistance. Then, you'll see two gears that transfer the handle's movement to the jack's main screw mechanism. Hopefully your problem is there. Those gears remove with either a spring clip, or a drift pin, and once you remove the gear lube, that will be obvious.

The two times I've had to repair the jack, it's been the internal workings of the screw mechanism. To fix it, remove all the gears and handle from the top, and jack the trailer as high as you can with another jack. Than gently beat the top center pin down with a drift or similar tool. Have someone confirm the jack is coming out the bottom. Once it's out, I've never messed with repairing them. Just go buy a new Atwood 2000 jack just like the one on the trailer, and use the new insides in the old welded to the MYCO trailer outsides. Then you're good for several more years.

Thanks, will get into this tomorrow after work, where would I get a new atwood?
Old 06-03-2013, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Check etrailer or attwoods website- these things are still made.

Wannabe
Old 06-05-2013, 02:05 PM
Registered

Just to follow up with this, after knocking the pin out the handle came right out releasing the gears, underneath the bottom gear was a pin that slid in the shaft which rotated, I replaced that pin and all fixed, also greased the shaft as it was pretty dry, wish I took pics but stupid phone was on charger dead
Old 06-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great for you, That is the least expensive fix you could have had on that jack.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chart
Great for you, That is the least expensive fix you could have had on that jack.
.53 cents LOL thank guys