Notices

Grease fitting covers?

Old 07-17-2013, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Grease fitting covers?

Hey guys,

I noticed I have a hole in one of my grease fitting "dust cover"? I think it's called. I'm wondering what exactly they are called and where can I buy new ones? Also how often do you guys hit your bearings with fresh grease? For the most part I only trailer my boat a couple miles to the boat launch. Should I hit them with a couple of pumps every couple times the trailer gets wet, or do I need to completely replace old with new grease that often? I'm using red marine grease of coarse. My trailer is an 01-02 myco twin axle for a 20 fountain.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:37 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

The rubber caps????

http://www.championtrailers.com/dustcaps-1/
Old 07-19-2013, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 29Fever01
Hey guys,

I noticed I have a hole in one of my grease fitting "dust cover"? I think it's called. I'm wondering what exactly they are called and where can I buy new ones? Also how often do you guys hit your bearings with fresh grease? For the most part I only trailer my boat a couple miles to the boat launch. Should I hit them with a couple of pumps every couple times the trailer gets wet, or do I need to completely replace old with new grease that often? I'm using red marine grease of coarse. My trailer is an 01-02 myco twin axle for a 20 fountain.
that really what your grease looks like,,,if its black then you want to keep pumping the grease fitting until you see new grease coming out..if you say you have a rubber cap you woulf just remove it and clean around the grease fitting,,that fitting is drilled all the way to the back bearing and when you pump the zurt it push's all the old grease from the back bearingout the cap or open area where the plug goes..it can get messy if you dont hold a rag over the hole to catch the grease..