Notices

Shippers to stay clear of?

Old 09-21-2013, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shippers to stay clear of?

I just payed for my Nordic Rage and it will be shipped next week I listed it on Uship and I have a few good bids with a lot of positive feedback. The boat will be shipped from Upstate New York to Gulfport Mississippi anyone in particular I should be weary of?
Old 09-22-2013, 06:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best advice is to click on the transporters name, it should show their DOT#/MC#. You can then click on the DOT# and it will open another window from the DOT's website and tell you if they are a legal transporter with insurance. A lot say they are and low bid but they really don't have any coverage at all.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Not sure who to stay away from,,
I have used Uship numerous times and had good luck with them,,I know some people do not like to use them but to me they are no different then anybody else,,people working to make a living,,can you get burned?sure,,,but that could happened outside of Uship as well..
I look for feed back,,,before accepting any offer ask the bidder,,does he have insurance,,, what kind of truck he will be using to pull your boat,,does he have mud flaps on the truck,,will he give you his cell number so you can have contact with him,,
and remember the cheapest is not always the way to go

good luck
Old 09-22-2013, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Give "wild thing" a shot at it he ships high performance boats . Pats a real nice, standup guy, I don't have his contact info, you can find him here under "wild thing"
Old 09-22-2013, 07:56 AM
Registered

I have used U-ship a dozen times and have had good luck with them and would not hesitate
Old 09-22-2013, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also have used Uship several times and been very pleased every time...
Old 09-22-2013, 11:35 AM
Registered

I just did a search on uShip and could not find your listing?

Make sure the trucker has his MC & DOT number listed and is Carrier Watch verified. If not, he is not a real trucking company.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OceanRoadsTrans
I just did a search on uShip and could not find your listing?

Make sure the trucker has his MC & DOT number listed and is Carrier Watch verified. If not, he is not a real trucking company.
The bid ended last night Ill make sure I check what you suggested.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

honestly, it depends what you want... i am on Uship and have been hauling some boats back and forth from the coast for a while now. ive been hauling personal boats ever since i got my license. my insurance coverage for my daily driver duramax which is what i haul with covers what i haul. alot of people want DOT and MC but those people also have restrictions. what i do is basically haul your boat where it needs to go. i dont have DOT numbers but doing this i can haul a 9'6'' or so off shore boat and wont get pulled over for DOT checks and what not because the whole truck and load looks like a personal boat.. i just hauled a boat for a customer this past weekend from plattsburg NY to pompano beach FL. we did the trip straight through, DOT drivers only have 11hr drive days. and i always in contact with the owner, sending pics at rest stops.. a lot of these people doing it full time just tell you when they will be there and make sure your there, wont answer calls or send texts or anything. personally i would rather give someone who owns boats and have been doing boats along with someone who will send pics multiple times of the trip just to assure the customer its all good... because we all know we wont sleep till your new boat gets to your door... and shoot the **** with them when they drop it off rather than just some guy driving across the country on a time frame... but thats just me. this is the boat i just got down south. 32' scarb. nice boat, it was a hunk of junk, but fixed up could have been a sweet boat. only paid 10k for it

this was a 28' sunsation i pulled from snellville GA to alex bay NY... this was a sweeeeeet boat. guy only paid 20k for it

Last edited by 315duramax; 09-23-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Uhm..I realize your young and trying to carve out a niche for yourself. Its very commendable to see a young guy taking some initiative these days. Watch what you are saying in public, Yes your insurance covers you and your boat, probably even your friends boat but your insurance company will laugh at you if you try and file a claim if they find out your hauling for profit. I get where your at, When I was in cali, I used to do medical for some motocross races a friend of mine was putting on as well as a couple high end off road race teams who's insurance said they needed an EMT present when testing. Everything I did freelance was done strictly "volunteer" A few dollars may have accidently been transferred during a handshake at the end of the day, or a few dollars may have mysteriously fallen into my med bag but it was strictly volunteer.I never once said I would work an event for X amount of dollars, One simply cannot provide EMS services for profit in this day and age without opening themselves up to tremendous liability. So all Im saying is be very carefull how you promote yourself and how many breadcrumbs you leave for someone to find if there ever is an incident.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.