Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
New F450 with 22.5" wheels... Bad Ride! >

New F450 with 22.5" wheels... Bad Ride!

Notices

New F450 with 22.5" wheels... Bad Ride!

Old 12-07-2013, 10:43 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]513843[/ATTACH]

Just my .02 but 19.5's w/ G rated RV Michelins @ 55 lbs. had a better ride than stock on my 04. they don't look as cool as 22.5's though.
Attached Thumbnails New F450 with 22.5" wheels... Bad Ride!-dually-017.jpg  
Old 12-07-2013, 08:51 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone... I am going to drop the air and see what happens first. There is a big truck shop here in Nashville that balances them on the truck so before I go drop the coin on the wheel mods and new tires or new wheels and tires all together I am going to give them a try!
Old 12-07-2013, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gofastlvr
Thanks everyone... I am going to drop the air and see what happens first. There is a big truck shop here in Nashville that balances them on the truck so before I go drop the coin on the wheel mods and new tires or new wheels and tires all together I am going to give them a try!
Check these guys out! They are experts in this field! They are in TN but looks like a couple hours from you. Might be worth the ride!

http://www.tnwheelandtire.com
Old 12-08-2013, 01:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gofastlvr
when i use to work on semis we use to put a bag of dyna beads in the tire,,they balance the tire as you roll and never ne balancing..

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/index.php
Old 12-09-2013, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 502ss
Check these guys out! They are experts in this field! They are in TN but looks like a couple hours from you. Might be worth the ride!

Just got Quote from these guys on machining a set of 22.5 super singles down to 22 only $125 per wheel.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 41 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 502ss

The guy's name over there is Trevor. He's been putting semi's on trucks pretty much since the first time it was done. I used to deal with him frequently years ago and he's a standup guy with great prices.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Wish you guys were closer I cut them down for $50 a wheel. I've got a set we are working on right now just first one just went on about 10 min ago.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FIXX
when i use to work on semis we use to put a bag of dyna beads in the tire,,they balance the tire as you roll and never ne balancing..

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/index.php
I have been using heavy airsoft bbs. Much cheaper than dyna beads. Works better than balancing with lead. Guys running big knarly mud tires on little Toyotas get great results with the airsoft bbs.

There is a company that sells complete airbag kits...it replaces the stock springs all together. Adding airbags to your current suspension is a waste of money, unless you remove some of the leafs.

Ford is the roughest riding dually on the market.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:12 PM
Registered

have you rode in an f450 without those wheels and tires and noticed a difference? dropping air pressure will help but fords in general ride like doodoo
Old 01-22-2014, 09:43 PM
Registered

Put a Kelderman rear air ride on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.