Notices

Bow roller issues!!!

Old 04-15-2014, 07:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bow roller issues!!!

On my 24 outlaw Im having a hard time with the bow roller...I am trying to keep it from rolling all the way up the nose from the bow eye..It pisses me off cause it just leaves nasty marks all the way up. Is there anyway I can add or change the bunks so it doesn't roll it so hard. I know on the bigger trailers with bigger boat they have the V-blocks on the nose. But I think the issue with my boat its, its not long enough to have the rear of the boat float before it pulls off the nose. I would like to make the bow roller, a true "roller" anyone have any info or help...

Thanks!!
Old 04-15-2014, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It has to turn, make sure the bolt/nut is not over tightened. Also, if the roller is old it will leave marks, put a new Stolz roller and it'll be fine.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Put a wrist sweat ban on it works great
Old 04-16-2014, 09:18 AM
Registered

I had that same problem, ours did not roll and would leave scuff marks. What helped ours, we replaced it every other season with the clear (slightly yellow) roller but over time it too would leave marks.

Having to do it all over again, I would definitely go with tman's suggestion... I think that would work perfectly.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:47 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Stoltz roller:

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...fhu=3734313037

Available just about anywhere.

Someone else on there made an axle sleeve arrangement out of his, ensuring it would roll better. He drilled out the center of the roller and put a piece of PVC pipe in the center.
As mentioned, make sure your roller setup is using a nylock nut on the center bolt, and is not cinched down tight, rather just snug enough that all three pieces move freely.

I like the wristband idea too; very smart & cheap.

I also keep a can of spray silicone in my trailer toolbox. Before I retrieve my boat, I spray down the V-blocks with silicone. The bow slides in as if it were KY Jelly.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:15 PM
Registered

^^^^^

Yep that's the one we used, but now we are V-blocking.