Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
This is one reason why I'm getting rid of my 1/2 truck >

This is one reason why I'm getting rid of my 1/2 truck

Notices

This is one reason why I'm getting rid of my 1/2 truck

Old 05-12-2014, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
Air bags

this reminds me of one day when i was at the local hardware store.... a little S-10 something or other had a load of mulch in it about this high. the guys kept adding bags and checking the truck as they loaded... they couldnt believe it the truck didnt sag at all !!!. so they hopped in the truck and began to pull away. all you heard was a loud screech and then a big bang when the trailer hitch ball slid off the curb and the front of the truck was bouncing in the air. i couldnt believe it but they drove away really slow and you could hear the front tires skipping and skidding as they pulled to the stop light.... good old rednecks!!
Old 05-12-2014, 09:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Ha this dude just blew his top!
Your thread blew so we made it better for ya, you`re welcome!
.. and I just remembered you`re the dude who thought a 46' Cig. would get rocked all over by 4'ers!! and now a 1/2 ton can`t handle a single motor in the bed.. pfffffft!!! classic!
Your the giant dick bag that thinks 2 foot waves look like 8 foot waves because your just a HVAC guy with too much extra money to spend on your boat. Remember I am Active Duty USCG with over 13 years in. So who has more time on the water? Either at Sea or on the Great Lakes? I spent over 4 on the lakes and the other 9 at Sea. Sometimes I get to use my Sunsation when I'm not at Sea/ or Lake for work.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you take the engine out of the boat there is less weight behind the axles so there is a ton of tongue weight added. Then you made it worse by putting the engine in the truck. It's like a see-saw. With one person on each end it's balanced, when one person jumps off the other guy breaks his ass. You took one person off, the engine, and the tongue slams down.

...and it's a Dodge.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:19 PM
Registered

Received 4,322 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunrocket24
Your the giant dick bag that thinks 2 foot waves look like 8 foot waves because your just a HVAC guy with too much extra money to spend on your boat. Remember I am Active Duty USCG with over 13 years in. So who has more time on the water? Either at Sea or on the Great Lakes? I spent over 4 on the lakes and the other 9 at Sea. Sometimes I get to use my Sunsation when I'm not at Sea/ or Lake for work.
You misspelled 'you`re'... twice. Can you find the other one?
Old 05-13-2014, 12:44 AM
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sunrocket24
Was my thread about a F650 or a Ford F150?????? NO! I was showing how big of a POS my 2011 Ram is!

Good job Quinpuss and abmotorpuss on upping your post count!

And I have already had enough of IC2footwavesas8ft.

Thanks for all your great input.
Holy **** dude? Where the F did that come from?
Old 05-13-2014, 05:30 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 593 Likes on 273 Posts

WOW a little PTSD kick in there buddy
Old 05-13-2014, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Sunrocket. seriously where did that come from? I actually thought the guys were being nice lol.

Here, let me take some attention away for you.....the guys love my tow rig.

Here is the tundra towing my 38 with no engines or drives. Even this Tundra, the best American made space shuttle towing machine, is sagging without the two big blocks out back. So it happens to the best of them, not just that coil spring Ram

If you look closely in the pic you will see a 2500 ram hiding, its a great plow truck, but its no tow vehicle.....hahaha

Old 05-13-2014, 07:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry guys. I need to get off this computer and go work on my boat.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 88bullet
this reminds me of one day when i was at the local hardware store.... a little S-10 something or other had a load of mulch in it about this high. the guys kept adding bags and checking the truck as they loaded... they couldnt believe it the truck didnt sag at all !!!. so they hopped in the truck and began to pull away. all you heard was a loud screech and then a big bang when the trailer hitch ball slid off the curb and the front of the truck was bouncing in the air. i couldnt believe it but they drove away really slow and you could hear the front tires skipping and skidding as they pulled to the stop light.... good old rednecks!!
An S-10?? lol. A tundra is more than enough for any 38 ft boat that wasn't hand laid Don using the 12 inches thick or better method.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
An S-10?? lol. A tundra is more than enough for any 38 ft boat that wasn't hand laid Don using the 12 inches thick or better method.
i like the tundra but no 1/2 ton truck is safe for pulling any 38 ft boat imo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.