Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
EOH conversion, straight (fixed) coupler? >

EOH conversion, straight (fixed) coupler?

Notices

EOH conversion, straight (fixed) coupler?

Old 05-16-2014, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Default EOH conversion, straight (fixed) coupler?

Aluminum Myco conversion from surge. Anyone know where I can buy a fixed coupler that mounts INSIDE of the aluminum trailer tongue? Been searching the usual, etrailer/champion but can't seem to find one like Myco uses from the factory.

Looking for a nice clean installation. Not interested in welding up the surge coupler.

Thanks!
Old 05-16-2014, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not exactly sure what you're asking when you say inside, but this is what I used in place of my surge coupler.

http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Coup.../T4853100.html
Old 05-16-2014, 10:39 PM
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Biggus
Aluminum Myco conversion from surge. Anyone know where I can buy a fixed coupler that mounts INSIDE of the aluminum trailer tongue? Been searching the usual, etrailer/champion but can't seem to find one like Myco uses from the factory.

Looking for a nice clean installation. Not interested in welding up the surge coupler.

Thanks!
Call the guys at Myco, great customer support with any of your questions/needs!! They have always been very helpful every time I've called them. They just might have your answer and part you need.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:03 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

The part that Myco uses is custom made by or for them. I replaced mine a couple years ago when I no longer trusted my coupler after some vandalism. It wasn't terribly expensive.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
The part that Myco uses is custom made by or for them. I replaced mine a couple years ago when I no longer trusted my coupler after some vandalism. It wasn't terribly expensive.
Thanks Brian, that explains why I can't find it on any of the sites (etrailer etc.) Myco does sell a complete kit to convert from surge to EOH but it's very pricey @ 1200 bucks. Etrailer has all the same components for about 400 less. (minus the coupler)
Old 05-20-2014, 07:39 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

The coupler is probably $150 to $200 bucks, if I remember correctly. For a couple hundred bucks more, a guaranteed setup, single sourcer, 1 shipping charge...
...I'd probably buy from Myco.

If you offer to post a how-to with pictures on OSO and PBN; ask for 10% off. Never hurts to ask. I just made that same deal on an accessory for my dually that I am going to remove a competitive product and replace with new.