Notices

Oil jelled after 4357 miles

Old 05-21-2014, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Miles vs Hours
What grade oil do you use like 5-30.

Did you PO anyone Did you fire anyone lately. Could it be sabotage. The Plot Thickens.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:26 PM
Registered

ChargeIt I went to the link

http://www.turbo1.com/oil

and a basic page came up with the info. I then clicked on the links on that page and the reports came up. The video is very large and take a long time to download. I agree as to what do do. The truck still has 63k miles left of extended warranty. We felt going back to the dealer was the best in the long run. Lone Star Chev has gone thru a number of changes and all the people we have worked with in the past are gone. I am working with a all new group of people.
I will go to the bobistheoilguy.com & see what they come up with. I have a good friend who's job is to figure out why mult-million $ engines fail. I had him look at the oil reports and he had sent them on to some other people in the know. They all came back and said motor bearing are history and oil got cooked for some reason.

Wobble
Our truck stay locked up in shop at night. We have a gas tank at the office so trucks are gassed up on site. The mileage and gas used are logged into our computer system. The total amount of gas bought is also kept up with. If a truck is out of the mpg range, I get an email. Once trucks get 4k miles since last oil change I get email. I get email if anything out of line. In the last few years either I have changed the oil or I have overseen the person doing the oil change. Our trucks are on the road during the day, so we change oil at night, or weekends.

LOTOWONTOPGUN
Never say never. Oil that we use in the new truck was the Quaker State Full Synthetic dexos 5w-30,the type recommended by GM. I was worried that someone had done something to the truck. That was the reason I had gotten two oil samples done.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If no coolant was detected in it I would have to think something went to crap in the oil...nothing else makes sense..
Old 05-22-2014, 07:48 AM
Registered

Question was asked how many hrs. Motor has total of 1497.4 hrs
The computer says there is 31% oil life remaining.
43456 miles total
Old 05-23-2014, 08:50 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Turbojack
Question was asked how many hrs. Motor has total of 1497.4 hrs
The computer says there is 31% oil life remaining.
43456 miles total

have you downloaded all the codes? and code history, I beleive there was a major overheat situation to do that to the oil

Last edited by Wobble; 05-23-2014 at 08:59 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:36 PM
Registered

Our office got a phone call from George with Lonestar Chev again today wanting us to agree to pay for a new engine to be installed in the truck. After going to the dealership this afternoon and standing out side Ronnie Calda's office who is the Service Director he asked me to come in his office. The first thing I told him after introducing myself is I was the one who had left him the voice mails that he had not returned. He told me all I need is receipts of oil and filters purchased. Not sure why it took me going there to get this answer. I asked him if they had downloaded the log off the computer and he and another guy in Ronnie's office said the the computer would not have logged any useful information. I know the computers on boat log how much time at each rpm level and other things. I am surprised that truck computers do not log any useful information.

I have emailed him a number of receipts of oil & filter purchased. Also sent a picture showing 15 empty 5 quart oil jugs along with the lift and the oil catch we use to make changing oil easy. I also told them I was so upset with Chev and their dealership I had gone and purchase a new Ford F250 truck the day before.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 369 Likes on 248 Posts

sadly this does not change a thing. in order to work for you, he needs those receipts for discussion with the GM warranty dept. otherwise, there is absolutely nothing he can do. This guy is your link to GM. if he does not have the tools supplied by you, he just can't work at all!

Good luck again, but help him to help you!
Old 05-30-2014, 12:27 PM
Registered

Jefff32., I understand that, but they kept asking for receipts showing we had the oil changed. We kept telling them we do it in house. We would ask the question, "So we can not change our own oil", and the response back was "We need receipts of having the oil changed" I had left VM for the service director to cal me and the only way I had gotten to talk to him was stand outside his office. It was not until yesterday was I told that receipts showing purchase of oil and filters was all that they needed. They were sent an email last night with a pdf of receipts along with a picture of 15 empty 5 Qt oil jugs.

I went back to dealer ship this morning and had a meeting with the service manager, general manager, & shop manager. The service manager told me that they had gone into the motor and removed the valve covers to verify the oil has jelled. I was polite and asked them to humor me and let go and look at the truck since I did not believe that. I said I would apologize if the work had been done. Later in conversation he told me he was incorrect and the truck had not been touched.

After meeting I am hoping we are now making progress.

I did get a call from another Chev dealer who told me to get him the Vin number & to have the van shipped to him and he would get something done. That is one way to get your future business.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:35 AM
Registered

update, Dealer is working with Chev to decided to put new motor in or to rebuild existing. They did pull pan. Not a pretty site. Looks like someone made Jello in the oil pan.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbojack
update, Dealer is working with Chev to decided to put new motor in or to rebuild existing. They did pull pan. Not a pretty site. Looks like someone made Jello in the oil pan.
Thts interesting... The Dexos oils are all at least semi synthetic and really should not gel.

Wannabe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.