Notices

A REAL Excursion 1 TON

Old 11-16-2014, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

That does not look as good as some of the other conversions out there in my opinion.
It seems like the 2 big companies are doing this are:

Custom Autos By Tim (Which I am fairly certain they cut the frame to accomplish the conversion) http://www.customautosbytim.com/
The guys at Super Trucks http://f650pickups.com/550xuv.html
Old 11-16-2014, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Yeah I love those ford top ends with the self ejecting spark plugs... I will say I love both of my 7.3 fords, but there gas engines are garbage. The ls series gm's have it all over them.
Old 11-16-2014, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lil red
Yeah I love those ford top ends with the self ejecting spark plugs... I will say I love both of my 7.3 fords, but there gas engines are garbage. The ls series gm's have it all over them.
I like how the early Ford's eject spark plugs for fun, and the later Ford's seize the spark plugs solid and come out piece by piece. Nothing like going from one extreme to the other. Not to mention timing chain tensioner issues, cam phaser issues, thrust bearing issues, those Ford mod motors just sucked all over.
Old 11-16-2014, 08:09 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Yup, put GM Powertrain on a Ford Chassis and we'd be all set.

Downfall with the Chevies is how fast they rust - lines/frame/crossmembers/rockers. Ford way better here..

F*k it - Chevy just needs to copy Ford's metal and/or rust proofing.

I'm talking gas (not diesel) here too.
Old 11-16-2014, 08:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Thats why I have Diesel, I seem to not have all the issues others have, I'm good with that, my 6.0 is studded and deleted, it runs great! just gotta know what to do
Old 11-16-2014, 11:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lil red & donzi matt hit the nail on the head! I LOVE my chevys, just wish I didn't have to keep my kid up to date on their tetnis shots just to defend against all the damn rust on the rockers and cab corners! But I guess it still beats the "self ejecting spark plugs" <----- hilarious btw, and sewing machine sounding valvetrain of a junk ass powerless 3-valve Ford. But yeah I guess they do have it together with Diesels. Well maybe 10 years ago they did. Then came the 6.0 in all its head gasket blowing, injector failing, FICM fouling, ball joint breaking no-resale glory!!! Ill stop before I get ahead of myself lol
Old 11-16-2014, 11:16 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

My 6.0 Ford superduty was a pile of garbage. Headgaskets, egr coolers , some other running issues, ball joints toast at 50k miles, front hubs shot at 50k miles, a/c system took a crap at 40k miles. By 75k miles that thing must have been in the dealer at least a dozen times since new.

I bought it new, so I had to work all the bugs out for the second owner. Worst 50g I ever spent. Couldn't wait to unload that junk.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:06 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

That's why I buy high milers all the bs is over! Lol
Old 11-17-2014, 02:09 AM
Registered

Received 596 Likes on 242 Posts

What years and what models of the Ford gas engines were bad. Asking because I was looking at a few small RVs with Ford chassis lately. What about Fords trannys too

I prefer GM but it seems all the models I like are on a Ford Chassis.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by damdonzi
That does not look as good as some of the other conversions out there in my opinion.
It seems like the 2 big companies are doing this are:

Custom Autos By Tim (Which I am fairly certain they cut the frame to accomplish the conversion) http://www.customautosbytim.com/
For their standard conversion to Excursion from F250 or F350 They don't need to cut the frame. If you go bigger(stretched) then your most likely correct.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.