Notices

Ford fuel pump

Old 01-17-2015, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Come pick me up I'll help you out. What part are you having trouble with? The ring holding the pump or the quick disconnects on the lines?
Old 01-17-2015, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everything is disconnected, the pump will not budge, and I can't see why. Feels like maybe a metal ring inside, but my wrist only bends so much. The new pump seems to have a couple pinch clamps built in which I can feel but pinching seems to have no effect whatsoever.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:02 PM
Registered

Well ... ide pick you up .... but I'm about 2800 miles away , and my winter rig is on blocks, lol
Old 01-17-2015, 05:22 PM
Registered

Well I just checked again, are the 3 rubber feet glued in ? Thats the only thing that appears to be holding it in. I really don't want to break the tank.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:37 PM
Registered

After a lengthy Google search it seems you must pinch tabs while pushing down and twist to release the pump.you would think they might mention this somewhere.
Old 01-17-2015, 11:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by buck35
After a lengthy Google search it seems you must pinch tabs while pushing down and twist to release the pump.you would think they might mention this somewhere.
buck,,when all else fails go to youtube..theirs a bunch of info on their..push pull twist take a phuckin hammer to it ..then ak57 triple barrel heat sinking laser guided shotgun it..
Old 01-18-2015, 08:15 AM
Registered

I was ready to toss a match in for some light for a while.lol
Old 01-19-2015, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I lost the original fuel pump last summer in my chevy gas dually. Had to get it towed to my house. Tow truck dropped it at 2pm. We went to parts store, got pump came back, dropped tank, replaced pump, and had it all back together by 5pm.

When getting ready to drop the tank, I got out the compressor, air tools, PB blaster, etc. My buddy was already under the truck, as I was about to hand him the air tools and hose. He's like, "hold off on that, let me see that 3/8 ratchet with a 15mm socket". Dik. Bolts holding the straps came right loose, no problem. I love southern trucks.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:25 PM
Registered

Yes mt , i was amazed I sprayed all the bolts a couple hours ahead of time while I got sockets wrenches etc. Not sure what they are coated with, but the threads were clean on the strap bolts.
dropped it easy enough but couldn't get the fill tube to let go of death grip it had on the hose, so I ended up up fumbling blindly in tank wound up just breaking the keeper tab off to get the pump out and a bunch of dents in my head.lol At least all went back together easier than I expected.