Notices

I Pushed the Blue Button

Old 03-09-2015, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Pushed the Blue Button

Bear with me. I have to vent.....

So we dropped about 60K on a new GMC Denali Duramax. And we love it.

The sales guy said it was very important to press the onstar button as soon as we could to activate our onstar and whatever.

I figured I had to set up my account anyway, which I couldn't do on the website due to two weeks of site problem and still can't do. So, after two weeks and a few reminders from sales guy, I pushed the button. And got on what was basically a tele-marketing call trying to get me to upgrade plans, buy services, yada, yada, yada...

I understand about paying for services and am OK paying for whatever I need and want. But sheesh. After dropping 60K on a truck, they mean to tell me that I can't use their stolen vehicle locating service and vehicle slow down features unless I have an additional monthly subscription. WTF. I'd have thought that something like that would be a given. Charge extra for navigation services and other 'concierge' type services if they like. That's fine. But some things seem like they should be under the heading of 'already covered' when a vehicle costs this much.

Anyway, I'll end up with some of the services eventually, but this kind or torqued me off!

Phew. I feel better now.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I have Fords, but I had bought a Tahoe a few years ago and thought they gave us a 1 year trial subscription??

You didnt get anything like that? that sux!
Old 03-09-2015, 11:03 PM
Registered

I got a used Escalade and I got a free year too. Should be standard operating procedure for the dealership.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Some space junk may have taken out the sattelites now its fund raising time .
Old 03-09-2015, 11:51 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

You should have 6 months free full services. Wait till the very last minute to "renew" subscription. I got the full directions and connections for the price of basic. 19.95month for it all. When I bought mine they wanted a credit card after pressing blue button but I didn't give it. Just waited and waited and the emails kept coming. Until the price dropped. Then I did it. Get the onstar app you can do lots of cool **** with it and also locate the truck. I like it. They also tried to get me to buy minutes to my trucks phone but that makes zero sense with an unlimited cell. Lol
Old 03-10-2015, 12:59 AM
Registered

The ability to locate and disable a stolen vehicle can be activated at any time, without a subscription, a friend of mine had a Cadillac located a week ago without having a subscription. (Older car bought used) Im not sure if they had to pay for the service at that time or not
Old 03-10-2015, 05:56 AM
Registered

Received 883 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by Bowtiepower00
The ability to locate and disable a stolen vehicle can be activated at any time, without a subscription, a friend of mine had a Cadillac located a week ago without having a subscription. (Older car bought used) Im not sure if they had to pay for the service at that time or not
I have a friend super paranoid about "big brother" watching. He disabled the OnStar somehow.

Had a neighbor get into a pretty serious wreck in an Avalanche. Airbag blew, truck ended up in a ditch and he awoke to OnStar operator talking to him.....for a minute he thought he was dead and angels were talking to him!
Old 03-10-2015, 05:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 365 Likes on 244 Posts

Important to activate the basic services! Gives a lot of free features. Yes therey are offering a few upgrade but what product does not offer upgrade?

On another note, you have no idea how much pressure gm puts on each salesman to activate the basic blue button call service! But there is absolutly no money or price or gift given to sales staff for activating either the basic or upgraded program.
Old 03-10-2015, 06:07 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 585 Likes on 269 Posts

Cool Unlock feature too- Wife has used it Several times- Just take out your KEYS I say
Old 03-10-2015, 06:31 AM
Registered

Received 54 Likes on 24 Posts

Don't count on that disable function too heavily. It will only stop an amateur. The pros can disable it in no time.

Ask me how I know... I lost my Suburban a few years ago and when I told the cops it had On Star they just laughed. Never saw it again. For me On Star is a waste of money.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.