Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Roller or V stop for trailer?  Just preference??? >

Roller or V stop for trailer? Just preference???

Notices

Roller or V stop for trailer? Just preference???

Old 04-30-2015, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Roller or V stop for trailer? Just preference???

Been doing a lot of searching, wondering folks opinion of the roller style stop, or V block stop for larger boats. I have a 35 Baja. Heritage Trailer, stock is the roller style. Wondering the real value difference with the V block.... Thanks.
Old 04-30-2015, 02:50 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Nothing loads better than the Grey Silicone/Rubber block design like Myco puts on their trailers. Shoot a little spray wax on them before you load; and it slides right in there.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:42 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A roller does just what it is called rolls
A stop does just that it stops stops put the boat right wher you want it
Old 04-30-2015, 04:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by weldcrane
A roller does just what it is called rolls
A stop does just that it stops stops put the boat right wher you want it
Well said! So pissed, boat rolled back during loading and got nasty 10" gash on nose from roller bolt support. Nose went right into the gap between inside roller and outside ear....
Old 04-30-2015, 04:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Stop - the other problem with the roller that I find was that on REAL steep ramps I couldn't get my bow high enough to go OVER the "roller" so I had to have a V-bump style made to solve that. I am missing some fiberglass on the front of the boat to prove it.....
Old 04-30-2015, 04:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by imartin
Well said! So pissed, boat rolled back during loading and got nasty 10" gash on nose from roller bolt support. Nose went right into the gap between inside roller and outside ear....
So you know what I'm talking about
Old 04-30-2015, 05:08 PM
Registered

Well, mine is a real steep ramp. Sux. Had the V block and converted cause my bow eye had like 1/2" clearance over the inside valley of the V. Actually scratched the surface a couple times. Was afraid was going to rip the darn bow eye out someday. I'm torn either way here.....
Old 04-30-2015, 05:22 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Take the V-block to a master welder and have him re-configure it for a deeper valley. No big deal.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:08 AM
Registered

Thanks guys, helpful input here. May convert back to V. I know I would not have scratch the crap out of my nose with a V.......I think the V gives much better suppport during transport too. I have since learned of two 35 Outlaw owners who's gel is notched out due to roller. Seems 35 nose weight is too much for a roller set up....
Old 05-03-2015, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
Stop - the other problem with the roller that I find was that on REAL steep ramps I couldn't get my bow high enough to go OVER the "roller" so I had to have a V-bump style made to solve that. I am missing some fiberglass on the front of the boat to prove it.....
I had to load the boat, pull it up to level ground then winch it tight.......that being said I did the same thing you did and gouged the nose before I learned the other way!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.