Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
What tires you guys towing with i am looking at Michelin Defender M/S2 This is a 4x4. >

What tires you guys towing with i am looking at Michelin Defender M/S2 This is a 4x4.

Notices

What tires you guys towing with i am looking at Michelin Defender M/S2 This is a 4x4.

Old 01-22-2016, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All my work trucks get Firestone trans force. Great traction and they last a long time.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive run the BFG AT, Nitto Terra Grappers and Cooper Discoverer AT3 on my truck. Its a 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel SRW. All three provided good all around traction. The BFG tires wore fast. The Nittos had a drone/vibration between 70 to 73 mph that got pretty bad. Couldn't be happier about the AT3s and am ready to put my second set on the truck. They are factory rated for 50k miles and have great road manners in all conditions to include rain and snow. I've also ran them in the sand without worries. Only dilemma I have is to either stay with 17 inch wheels or step up to 20s???
Old 01-26-2016, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RollWithIt
Only dilemma I have is to either stay with 17 inch wheels or step up to 20s???
I'd stay with the 17s. Easier to find a replacement in a pinch at more retailers should one get destroyed, and the 17s look more "truck-ish". I have polished 20s on my 1500, and it looks ok, but I've thought many times about ditching them for a set of blacked out 17s and some A/Ts. Personal opinion, but I think the extra sidewall looks better with the aggressive shoulder blocks of the A/T tires.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Using Falkin Wildpeaks and love them so far. had them for about a year with no issues and the wear seems very low.
Old 01-27-2016, 12:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Anyone tried these Coopers?

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...5&rd=17&cs=245

A little more aggressive than the ones you posted Brian, but 960 bucks delivered to the door for 6 of them is a good price, and the Local Tread Quarters said they would put them on for 140. Considering I've got 6 slick tires and an August 2015 inspection sticker on my truck I'm leaning towards grabbing these.....
Old 01-27-2016, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, what happened to the Bridgestone Revo tire? That used to be the crowd favorite, but no one has suggested them this time. Why?
Old 01-27-2016, 04:01 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy

A little more aggressive than the ones you posted Brian, but 960 bucks delivered to the door for 6 of them is a good price, and the Local Tread Quarters said they would put them on for 140. Considering I've got 6 slick tires and an August 2015 inspection sticker on my truck I'm leaning towards grabbing these.....
I haven't had the ATP's but i did have the H/T-Plus' tires on my last Tahoe and loved them....wear was very decent...had a load range "E" i think and for an entire winter i ran the truck in 2wd and never got stuck in the deepest snow after my front driveshaft broke and seized the yoke in the transfercase!

I think my next tires may be the Cooper Zeon LTZ's

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 01-27-2016, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I live very close to Elkhart, Indiana and in that town you can't spit without hitting something for a trailer, rv or the like. A couple of days ago I was following a trailer filled will pop-up campers. The tires on the camper trailers looked more like off road mudders. Very aggressive thread- snow tire looking. Not sure if the manufacturer got a deal on a close out snow tires and mounted them on the trailers.

Anyone else see anything similar??

3pointstar
Old 01-27-2016, 09:44 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy

I've never heard of that tire from them. A little digging makes it look like that tire is ONLY sold by Discount Tire, specially branded with exclusivity to that retailer.

That kind of worries me a bit, as it conjures up thoughts of the header deboggle that Mercury created, know what I mean? It LOOKS to be a cross between their winter tire (sipes) and the AT3; but I have no data, or experience. The SafeCar website does not list that tire model either; so there is no way to compare it to other tires; especially for traction & temp ratings, nor the Cooper bar graphs comparison between tires.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 01-27-2016 at 09:46 PM.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:51 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by 3pointstar
I live very close to Elkhart, Indiana and in that town you can't spit without hitting something for a trailer, rv or the like. A couple of days ago I was following a trailer filled will pop-up campers. The tires on the camper trailers looked more like off road mudders. Very aggressive thread- snow tire looking. Not sure if the manufacturer got a deal on a close out snow tires and mounted them on the trailers.

Anyone else see anything similar??

3pointstar
There is somewhat of a trend with the "urban weekender" Jeep, crossover, Toyota FJ types for buying those small, lightweight, "somewhat trail rated" pop-up campers for folks who like to get 1.8733222 miles off the beaten path for 30 hours over a weekend before they have to check back into their cubicle. I suspect you saw a load of that type of camper, with a little more ground clearance including larger diameter wheel/tire setup. I see no need for, or advantage to, a 'large lug' trailer tire.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.