Notices

Light Duty Truck Test -2016

Old 01-28-2016, 04:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine has the dreaded highway vibration. 72 mph, and there's a vibration in the seat, wheel and center console. Several road force balances, tires, shocks, and left rear axle, it's still there. Mine has the flip down seat/center console which I think makes the vibration feel even worse since it only has the connection point at the hinge.

Did (4) trips to the dealer, with minimal change if any, and GM agreed to a new truck. I'm taking a chance on a '16, because I couldn't buy a comparable competitor brand for anywhere near what I paid for the 15. Other than the vibration, it's a gorgeous truck, with a nicely finished interior. Mine is an SLT, crew cab, 4wd with the Max Tow. The new one is also be a max tow, so with the 6.2, 8 speed and 3.42 rear it should scream.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

You will enjoy the 6.2 motor compared to the 5.3! I know I did.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 592 Likes on 272 Posts

6.2 is a great motor. Just turned 100K on my 09 Tahoe LTZ. Not one issue so far. I think the u joints may be going tho. I do drive the pizz out of it! MPG 14 and requires 91 as stated.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by ziemer
Mine has the dreaded highway vibration. 72 mph, and there's a vibration in the seat, wheel and center console. Several road force balances, tires, shocks, and left rear axle, it's still there. Mine has the flip down seat/center console which I think makes the vibration feel even worse since it only has the connection point at the hinge.

Did (4) trips to the dealer, with minimal change if any, and GM agreed to a new truck. I'm taking a chance on a '16, because I couldn't buy a comparable competitor brand for anywhere near what I paid for the 15. Other than the vibration, it's a gorgeous truck, with a nicely finished interior. Mine is an SLT, crew cab, 4wd with the Max Tow. The new one is also be a max tow, so with the 6.2, 8 speed and 3.42 rear it should scream.
Mine is smooth as can be. No vibrations except the stereo haha. Now every Ford F150/F250 I have ever driven shakes worse than an Epileptic with ADHD and you can't get it to stop no matter what you do for tires/balancing.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:16 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Gimme Fuel
Mine is smooth as can be. No vibrations except the stereo haha. Now every Ford F150/F250 I have ever driven shakes worse than an Epileptic with ADHD and you can't get it to stop no matter what you do for tires/balancing.
That's good to hear. I'm hoping the guys that put this new one together didn't go out and kill too many Corona's the night before down there in Mexico. Lol...
Old 01-30-2016, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Gimme Fuel
I've got a 2010 F-150 FX4 w/70K miles on it and it has never had any hint of a shake, vibration, etc. Now my wife's old 2010 Honda Accord with rattle your teeth out at anything over 60 MPH and they could never fix it.
Old 01-30-2016, 10:59 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

The truck I traded was a '12 FX4 Crew Cab. Had the ecoboost and never a problem. Only complaint was the crappy front rotors. Had just shy of 100k when I traded it.