Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Manning trailers 40 foot and up, who all has one or had one??? >

Manning trailers 40 foot and up, who all has one or had one???

Notices

Manning trailers 40 foot and up, who all has one or had one???

Old 04-28-2016, 01:24 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by VoodooRob
Any info you can shed about working with Manning on the build process, after sale support, etc would be great. Making a buying decision too.

The after sale support, issues, endurance is where I'm going with this thread too. I have a Manning under my 419 FASTech. It was built in 05 but now it concerns me about adequate support in the rear under the triples. I'm checking and fishing to learn more too.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:28 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the replies and messages. My Manning pulls great, handles well and seems like a good trailer but the rear under the triples does not seem to have adequate support, as I see the trailer, and I'm wondering what this is all about. I have emailed them pics and questions about the trailer and what I can do.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had manning build me a C channel aluminum for my 33 Sutphen
They were great to work with, I just gave them all my dimensions and it fit like a glove when the boat went on.

Great quality & value planning to use them again in the future, I highly recommend them?
Attached Thumbnails Manning trailers 40 foot and up, who all has one or had one???-img_2051.jpg  

Last edited by letterrip; 04-28-2016 at 08:42 AM.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

I am in process of buying a boat with a 1999 Manning Steel trailer under her. It is a well built beast looks to me however I wish the owner would have kept up on mechanical maintenance on it. Pretty sure I need to replace bearings and brakes for peace of mind. However the trailer looks to have original paint and very minimal rust.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Have owned 5 45-50ft mannings. Loved them all. Really like the latest one as it has bridging on it and seems to tow a bit better.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:50 PM
Registered

Location: Solomons Island, MD, Vero Beach and Punta Gorda, FL
Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Purchased new in 2012 for 42' Cigarette and new in 2014 for 32' Fountain CC. Easy build. Pay attention to options (galvanized axles, SS calipers, EOH brakes etc). No issues so far with a lot of towing to Florida and back. Didn't like aluminum wheels corroding in center section of wheel (drill 1/8" holes in center cap to loose salt water when moving....helps).
Old 04-28-2016, 01:56 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by aquaforce
Thanks for the replies and messages. My Manning pulls great, handles well and seems like a good trailer but the rear under the triples does not seem to have adequate support, as I see the trailer, and I'm wondering what this is all about. I have emailed them pics and questions about the trailer and what I can do.
Well, most important is that the bunk "pads" (flat 2x6s) are fit to the hull, AND under the stringers that support the weight of the engines; AND that you have bunks that extend to at least an inch or so past the transom when loaded correctly. IF the lifting strakes or hull design prevents a bunk (pad) to be placed directly under the stringer, I'd want to see bunks placed immediately on either side of that hull strake. I don't think it would be that hard to add additional bunks as needed for this. Look at how bass-boat trailer are designed with many flat bunks designed specifically around the hull strakes.

Do you have any pictures of your concern areas?

Last edited by Sydwayz; 04-28-2016 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 97 under my 35 , been flawless , except ,the bunks are screwed thru wood to metal upright and the bunks wear and compress the screws did not give after launching boat one day noticed a pile of white powder it gouged the bottom on the boat .I replaced the bunks with treated wood and did not wrap carpet around the bottom, so it can dry , also used carriage bolts so as bunks wear and compress you just tighten the nuts on bottom. but its an old trailer
Old 04-28-2016, 05:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just purchased a used boat with a Manning trailer under it. Had to cut off and extend two main support posts as there was an inch gap between the bunk and the boat! I did call and verify that it was the correct trailer for the boat. Also, am in the process right now of extending the tongue of the trailer, what a bad design in my opinion to have the winch post directly above the coupler! Just a few things I have noticed so far, hopefully everything else will be fine from here out. Oh BTW, also ordered the rubber D blocks to replace the carpeted bow stops, they leave a pretty good scuff on the boat after trailering any distance.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Love my Manning...second one I've owned, as I had a steel one under my 29 Powerquest. Working with them could not have been easier, and they delivered AHEAD of schedule. I've been through some bearings, but I do tend to tow all over the damn place...
I'll second that. I bought one just after Sommer for my 31 Sonic and I couldn't be more satisfied.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.