Notices

Truck choices

Old 08-05-2016, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 12 and newer 5.3l are direct injected and are 8sp transmission night and day vs the old ones, My wife has a 11 suburban love the vehicle but after jumping out of my truck and driving that feel gutless, but its a perfect vehicle for us going back and fourth to the cabin.

We have all makes and models of half ton trucks at work, I hate the dodge ram 1500 with the 8sp. They are always shifting and towing a 3k trailer they don't get over 11mpg. this is with the hemi. Its a toss up between the 3.5 EB and 5.3 Chevy. I think I like the EB better but I would be happy with either.

I have been looking at selling my 7.3l F-350 and my Excape and getting down to one vehicle that I drive as it seems I spend more time driving my truck because I need the bed. IF these dam 1/2ton trucks didn't cost 50k I would have done it by now.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Out There
Have had three Ecoboosts now and they are a towing machine up to 8,000 lbs. I haven't pulled higher weights. I am averaging 20.3 MPG for the life of my 2015 4x4 Crew excluding towing. With the lighter 2015 I pickup up about 2 MPG. Very little downshifting when towing. Amazing for a v6. The torque makes it feel like a small diesel. I haven't heard much bad about them other than a few posts here.
Not trying to be a homer, but all the negative hype is the skeptics that never had one, or the guy that had a buddy.
Old 08-05-2016, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Soldier is right on.

I've LOVED my 2013 EcoBoost. It has been the best vehicle I've ever owned. I've only had to change my brake pads and rotors in 95,000 miles. Just changed my plug wires and found a bad coil pack last month. Pretty mild.

That said, I've used it to tow my twin engine Sunsation Dominator and it was wonderful for that. I also use it to tow my Polaris RZR.

I'd buy another one in a heart beat. It doesn't get better gas mileage than other trucks but it's a ****ing truck, I expected that.