Old 09-06-2016, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree. White bumpers taking a hit from rocks
Old 09-07-2016, 05:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wasted Income
I've noticed that on my truck too. The hood, bumper, A-pillars, fender tips, have tons of rock chips on them. There are even rock chips on the side of the doors, bedside and even the TAILGATE! WTF?

My 05 dmax with 240k miles had WAY less rock chips than this truck with 24k on it. The paint quality/durability is awful.
My issue is only on the front bumper, I would be really mad if it was anywhere else. I can kind of under stand getting trapped behind a salt truck for 5 miles. But still I would think it would hold up better.

I agree. White bumpers taking a hit from rocks
Maybe it's just us that live in WI having a problem and we should all move south. I have white too, looks horrible with the chips in the front bumper.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I sold my 08 and bought a 2016 Black LTZ Duramax myself in March. Love the truck.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:37 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Spicy
I sold my 08 and bought a 2016 Black LTZ Duramax myself in March. Love the truck.
Anybody weigh GMC and Chevrolet thoroughly before purchase?
I am casually looking/deciding if I want to get something new.

To me, the interior on the LTZ & High Country is pretty much identical to the GMC Denali.
The only thing I like better on the GMC is the front end shape and distinction.

Their websites are so cryptic and with terrible pictures, it hard to tell.
Are there any other differences I'm missing? I know all specs and ratings are the same.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:03 AM
ben
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

I picked Chevy over the GMC because I like the front ends better and personally I think the plastic trim around the wheel wells on GMC trucks look terrible unless its a black truck.
Other than that I don't see any differences really
Old 09-07-2016, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
To me, the interior on the LTZ & High Country is pretty much identical to the GMC Denali.
My father in law just bought a 2016 LTZ chevy....the interior is nowhere near as nice as my Denali. The "leather" isn't as nice, for one. Also, the Denali has the full LCD gauge cluster which is configurable (other than tach and speedo) where the chevys do not.

Last edited by Wasted Income; 09-07-2016 at 08:34 AM.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Edit: Delete post please. Never mind! Attachment not showing.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ben
I picked Chevy over the GMC because I like the front ends better and personally I think the plastic trim around the wheel wells on GMC trucks look terrible unless its a black truck.
Other than that I don't see any differences really
but proect the chit from rocks and debre . nothing worse than rockchips on the fenders .. paint them color match they disappear
Old 09-07-2016, 09:34 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Wasted Income
My father in law just bought a 2016 LTZ chevy....the interior is nowhere near as nice as my Denali. The "leather" isn't as nice, for one. Also, the Denali has the full LCD gauge cluster which is configurable (other than tach and speedo) where the chevys do not.

Ah, very good info. Thank you.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

you guys with the little ones making a mess of your back seat---just wait, it doesn't get any better!! My 2 are now 8 & 12 and instead of milk/juice I have mud, dirt, grass, etc. from their softball cleats and pants all over my back seats & floor!! And my 12 yr. old daughter's cleats will literally blow over a cow they smell so bad!! I have to keep Fabreeze in my '08 Duramax!!

But nice trucks you guys have! I now have 108K on my '08 and I love it! Pulls like a train and never skips a beat. I just wish I could afford the new ones cause they sure are purty!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.