Notices

ATV Question

Old 10-14-2016, 08:47 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts
Default ATV Question

Where do you guys buy ATV rebuild parts? Anywhere better than Ebay or is that my best bet?

Just bought a Polaris predator 500 for next to nothing as a winter project (just something to tinker with), and need a few things. Jug, Exhaust Valves, Piston, etc......
Old 10-14-2016, 08:51 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I don't have any personal experience Eric. But to want to share that this guy that has a fantastic machine shop and REALLY knows his stuff if you need it:
https://www.facebook.com/Cycle-Machine-223382814432521/
He was next door to the shop where I built my Derby cars a few years ago, and has given me great advice on a bunch of toys over the years.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:11 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 943 Likes on 474 Posts

if your looking for used parts then eBay and craigslist are the way to go....if you want to expand your search on craigslist then use seachtempest.com
for new stuff i used to use https://www.denniskirk.com/ back in my dirt bike days...im sure there are tons of online places to get stuff now a days

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 10-14-2016, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Depends on what you want..stock or performance? If oem try online places like bike bandit. It you want to go fast/built stuff try calling Duncan racing, ask for Kevie and tell her "stix" told you to call.....

Used oem you can try fleabay etc....
Old 10-14-2016, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a RZR and use this site for OEM parts:

http://www.partshark.com/
Old 10-14-2016, 12:06 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ebay, for good used parts, allballs racing for bearings, seals and some suspension parts. .ebc for brake pads, use oem sites to look up part numbers then google the part number. There are a lot of crap after market bearings out there so dont be tempted by the lowest price. a polaris forum will have all the compatible part numbers for things like u-joints, brakes, fans, just about anything you may need

Some ebay sellers dont know which parts crossover so you can buy parts listed for a 400 canam that also fit 800's and 1000's I am sure that is true with polaris also.

My local dealer has started coming closer to online prices for me as he knows I will shop around.
Old 10-18-2016, 09:31 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

Thanks Guys - that partshark website is great - the parts fiche is really useable on that website!!

Initial plan will be to bore from 99.2mm to 104.8mm, put a 560 Wiseco kit in it and a new set of Kibblewhite valves (exhaust got bent).

The connecting rod broke so I am going to hopefully try to get away with just opening up the case, sliding a new crank in and bolting it back up. Hopefully i can get away with not having to buy a bunch of specialty tools.....

After dealing with boat parts it's a blessing to be looking for ATV parts - you can buy a nice throttle control box for $25, all new valves and seals are $100 bucks, the overbore kit, complete with piston, pin, circlips, and rings is $130!!!! I feel like I've died and gone to heaven...........
Old 10-18-2016, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use cheapcycleparts.com for OEM parts for my Honda and Polaris.