Notices

Buying Diesel Up/Down I95

Old 11-12-2016, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice truck... for a Chevy. Just kidding it looks great. If your looking for diesel in Maryland hit exit 74 and go north on rte 152 a half mile up the road is a Royal Farm. Cheapest prices around for now. You should than be able to make it to southern Va. I think its exit 10 is another place with cheaper diesel. Avoid N.C. at all "costs" they have are really high prices. So with that keep those fuel filters changed at the required intervals. It will help avoid fuel injector and other performance issues a few years down the road. The other thing to remember is because its a diesel with high torques the weakest links are the drivetrains. So keep up on the regular maintenance with those areas to. I buy diesel were ever it is the cheapest. In Maryland all the diesel come from two fuel farms one ships to everyone and the other is a Exxon terminal. Everything is ultra low sulfur now. Even heating oil is low sulfur diesel that's why it is dyed red because there is no road tax on it.
Old 11-15-2016, 05:15 PM
Registered

Got gasbuddy ready seems like a cool app. I will just treat the trip no different than how I did all the other times with my gas engines. Go for the recognizeable brands, stop in bigger interstate towns and cruise her out.

We are heading south sometime Monday night. Be in Disney Tuesday for 2 nights then the rest of the way south on Thanksgiving morning, with Thanksgiving dinner at Cabbage Key.

Fuel prices look pretty good compared to the last time! Lets see what all this OSO need a diesel to tow anything bigger than a jetski hype is about lol. Seriously tho I am curious how the new truck will do MPG vs my 6.2 doing mid 9s mpg and weighing in it at 16,700lbs.
Old 11-16-2016, 07:15 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 592 Likes on 272 Posts

11-12 mpg my guess
Old 11-20-2016, 09:06 AM
Registered

You will definitely be happy with how it tows. After having a diesel, I will never go back to a gas truck for towing. Safe journeys on your trip.
Old 11-23-2016, 12:55 PM
Registered

We did fine. Truck definitely impresses pulling hills. The 6.2 use to shift a lot finding where it wanted to be to pull. The new truck just does its thing and barely ever downshifts.

Left Jersey 8PM Monday after work and got to Disney 3PM. We took our time and had a couple longer stops along way. Diesel was not that big of a deal to find although a few first choice stations did not pump it we did find what we needed.

I observed an average of 11.6 to 12.9 with my 3500 Dually D and 26 Formula. My friend who was behind me on trip down with his 2500 D and 292 Fastech was seeing 14-15.7mpg. Makes me kind of want a speedboat ha ha.

Rest area in FL

Palm Beach Fuel up

Disney stop before hitting up Boca Grande, Cabbage Key, Captiva etc....

Last edited by I.D.C.E.; 11-23-2016 at 12:58 PM.
Old 11-23-2016, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are a lot of tires in that photo, glad the trip was event free.

Ken
Old 11-24-2016, 09:20 AM
Registered

Looking good. Glad the trip went well for you guys. I keep forgetting, its illegal to pump your own gas in Jersey. That comment cought me off guard at first as I always pump my own. lol