Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
straight bottom gun needs a trailer >

straight bottom gun needs a trailer

Notices

straight bottom gun needs a trailer

Old 12-11-2016, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default straight bottom gun needs a trailer

looking to see if any used trailers are out there before I pull the trigger on a new one. Or any advice on who makes quality aluminum trailers.

already have quotes from:
Mcclain
Myco
Manning
Nextrail
ACE

any favorites or any to aviod?
Old 12-11-2016, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Manning makes a really nice trailer for the money. Myco is very nice as well but new for new the manning is better priced.
Old 12-11-2016, 03:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you sir!
Old 12-11-2016, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 106 Likes on 51 Posts

Manning. Priced right, built and delivered on time. They will remember you years after the sale.
Old 12-11-2016, 08:42 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Assuming you are going with welded aluminum, pass on the McClain. They come out of the factory great, but they don't wear well over time from what I have seen.

Also be certain to check with Evolution Trailers. NASCAT has had a couple built for his NorTechs, and they do a fair number for that company.
http://evolutiontrailer.com/

There are pics on NASCAT's build threads, and I also put a post up in the Truck/Trailer forum some time back asking for info.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ml#post4474870

Originally Posted by NASCAT
A big THANK YOU to Mark Bonafide, Rod Ashemore and all the folks at Evolution Trailer Technologies. I thought my last trailer was nice but they have once again raised the bar.
Many neat features like the ramp skids, power tongue jack, toolbox w/ both interior and exterior courtesy lighting not to mention the way they package it all. Very clean and neat workmanship. The brake controller is nicely tucked away in the C- Channel, the battery for the tongue jack as well as a master power switch are all packaged neatly inside the locking toolbox.

I know the industry recognizes a certain welded aluminum trailer manufacturer as the std but one would be foolish not to take a look at what Evolution Trailer Technologies offers. Not just from a pricing standpoint but value, quality, fit, finish, ability to customize and most importantly Customer Service!!

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/t...xperience.html

If I was buying new, I'd consider Myco, Manning, & Evolution in no particular order.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 12-11-2016 at 08:46 PM.
Old 12-12-2016, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Owens & Sons SLide on trailers in Tampa make good trailers.
Old 12-15-2016, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Where are you located? Loadmaster in Port Clinton Ohio makes a very nice trailer.
Old 12-16-2016, 06:24 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ameratrail builds nice all welded aluminum trailers. Price is quite a bit less than myco. They're gonna build my next trailer in a year or so.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Also look at Broward Trailers. Gorgeous trailers and well built. Worth looking into if you plan to travel long distances. A notch up from MYCO.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Also look at Broward Trailers. Gorgeous trailers and well built. Worth looking into if you plan to travel long distances. A notch up from MYCO. BTW i have no association with them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.