Notices

Truck Shopping........

Old 12-28-2016, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input guys. I personally dont have a problem with getting another oil burner, but if I can get a significantly cheaper gasser it might be worth it for the hadfull of times I actually tow the boat. Can always rent a dually for any long trips... My personal dream truck is a Ram 3500 Mega Cab dually with the diesel. But completely impractical for a daily driver. lol Im gonna go and look at a few trucks and go from there. I think test drives will be needed to try to narrow it down.
Old 12-28-2016, 01:43 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by halfgassed
The full exhaust brake is a nice feature too. The rear springs in my ford are needing to be replaced so I used her truck to tow or 38 fountain too and from winterizing, and again to haul a dump trailer loaded with 24+" diameter fire wood, and the cummins did both effortlessly.
Yes, the exhaust brake works really well, great point....
Old 12-28-2016, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]563043[/ATTACH]

2013 2500 mega cab cummins 4x4.

I love her but she has been in more times than I care to tell you all deisel based issues.

70,000 miles
Attached Thumbnails Truck Shopping........-20151114_164412.jpg  
Old 12-28-2016, 08:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by COOPS

I love her but she has been in more times than I care to tell you all deisel based issues.

70,000 miles
Thank the Government and the E.P.A. I think they are trying to kill the fossil fuel industry. Gas and Deisel so diluted with crap that any engine will not perform as it could. Please Trump hear our cries!
Old 12-28-2016, 08:51 PM
Registered

I love the Rams, but all I have had have been the 5.7 Hemi 1500. Just bought another Laramie last week. Have had 4 in in the last 5 years and have not had a problem, but I trade with less than 15k miles.
Old 12-29-2016, 06:42 AM
Registered

Ram diesel done. Had at least 5 ford duallys and one gas guzzler v10 excursion. I bought a brand new Ram 3500 dually w the cummins and it has never missed a beat. I could not see being a test mule for another ford diesel engine w poor fuel economy to boot! Gas maybe cheap now but in the big picture 8k is worth it to upgrade to a much stronger truck .
Old 12-29-2016, 09:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by COOPS

70,000 miles
Is it all emission related? Is it worth it to delete all that garbage? Love the newer Rams myself. I currently have a 2006 Ram Cummins with only 85k on it, no rust. Keep toying with the idea of upgrading to a newer one, like a 2012.

To the OP- Just another thought, I've always been a fan of buying something 3-5 yrs old, with low mileage, as opposed to buying brand new. New vehicles depreciate too much. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-29-2016, 07:59 PM
Registered

+----------------------I've looked at used and anything with a diesel tends to have higher mileage. Even just a couple of years old. By the time you factor in the difference in interest rates, there really is no savings. At least when looking at local trucks around Pa/Ohio area.

I went and looked at a couple of trucks today. The first was a Chevy 2500 8' bed LTZ crew cab with the 6.0. It was pretty much loaded with everything and was an extremely nice truck. Drove really nice too. But, you could definitely tell the lack of torque compared to a diesel. That pretty much rules out the gasser. Especially when expecting about 11 miles per gallon. Next we looked at a 16 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie with the Cummins. Torque for sure as I would expect. The back seat is like being in a limo with the ability to recline the rear seats. The price with discounts is listed at 56 and change with a msrp of 68. -
Old 12-29-2016, 09:29 PM
Registered

90% def system related. It currently has an engine light on for the particulate filter failure. Goes in next week for a replacement on a tsb. It left me on the side of the road 4 times before it was 6 months old because of a fuel heater problem. It started on fire when the alternator took a **** labor day.....that's under recall also as of 2 weeks ago.

Again I love this truck. I would have to pry it out of my wife's cold dead hands as it is her daily driver. I have always been in the auto service business. I know that under all the emissions and fuel mileage **** is still very durable products.

I love this truck and would by another one in a heartbeat. A weekend doesn't go by that I don't have over 10,000 pounds strapped to the rear of this pig. Now if ram cuts ties with cummins I will never buy another diesel truck.
Old 12-29-2016, 09:32 PM
Registered

The mega cab is a must. It is limo sized.

Ram boxes all the way also. Love them.

Install a bakflip bed cover and it becomes a bad ass grocery getter also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.