Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
poor oil pressure being found on new superduty diesl >

poor oil pressure being found on new superduty diesl

Notices

poor oil pressure being found on new superduty diesl

Old 02-01-2017, 05:33 AM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
WG,
I agree, that's why I bought the 16' Ram, besides the killer deal I got. Miss boating with the Happy times boat club.... And it's freaking cold here, miss MI bad!
Dean
Where is "here"?
Old 02-01-2017, 06:21 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Where is "here"?
Lucerne Switzerland....
Old 02-01-2017, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Lucerne Switzerland....
If it makes you feel any better, its been cooler here the last few days. Ready for another warm up! Also, a gentleman has put a deposit on my boat, so its fixing to be gone.
Old 02-01-2017, 07:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so ford is junk = what is Kelderman lift problems is it ford or the lift ???
Old 02-01-2017, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, just for the record, we purchased a new 2014 and it now has 36k on it. For some reason, it has the stiffer front springs (snow plow option) on it. Yes, it was purchased locally here in Alabama. Go figure. That has led to my only complaint which is with front axle harshness over sharp bumps such as concrete expansion joints that have popped up. I suspected shocks were the main culprit and of course on a subjective subject like that the dealer said everything was fine. I replaced the original Rancho with Bilstein and it is much better. Of course that is a heavy solid axle up there so the ride is not too surprising. Other than that it has run like a top. No issues at all and certainly not oil leaks and the such.

Ergonomics are peculiar to us all. I like the Ford seats and GM switchgear drives me bonkers. That is all just personal preference so you take your choice there. I am sure that Chevy and Dodge make a fine product, but my experiences with Ford products have been really good to date. This is my first diesel though. I will go so far as to say it is the best truck I have ever owned. I drive it every day.

Dan
Old 02-01-2017, 05:07 PM
Registered

I wouldn't say ford is junk by no means .. if you read this thread it clearly states how I basically feel . its a sweet truck . ford is having issues I never seen on my denalis three of them to date .and one ltz .. as for the kelderman lift nothing bad to say .. some glitches with programming ,and a sensor gone bad .. unfourtuanately .had to have truck trailered due to a bag being al the way up causing major front end alighnment problems .. they came got it ,never said a word . first class outfit .. just a bit high tec . one bag problem .or glitch in the computer and that's it .I did find out it can be manually run , just have to disconnect the sensors .. as mine shut the system down .no manual mode was working //
Old 02-01-2017, 05:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by indysupra
On the cold soak recall we have not seen any affected yet.
read on facebook anotherone went down with 218 miles on the clock ..