Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
poor oil pressure being found on new superduty diesl >

poor oil pressure being found on new superduty diesl

Notices

poor oil pressure being found on new superduty diesl

Old 01-23-2017, 12:31 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Do you have any more info on the warranty stuff? Link? Underwriter?

I am in D.C. this week, may swing through.
I'd like to know what they mean by "recommended factory maintenance" that has to be done at their dealership as associated with their lifetime engine warranty.
Old 01-23-2017, 01:33 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Do you have any more info on the warranty stuff? Link? Underwriter?

I am in D.C. this week, may swing through.
I'd like to know what they mean by "recommended factory maintenance" that has to be done at their dealership as associated with their lifetime engine warranty.
S,
My lifetime warranty states the same thing, that ALL "recommended factory maintenance" has to be done by the dealer, or a authorized facility, (I.E. Jiffy lube can perform my oil changes), BUT I can't perform them myself.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So what did they do between the 2016 trucks and the 2017 trucks? I see the 17s make more power and torque, but with the same inherit design, why are the 17's loosing oil pressure? I know dad has a 16 and its a badass truck with a ton of power. However his high pressure fuel pump went bad due to getting some bad diesel and it cost thousands of dollars to repair. Basically an entire new fuel system.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:19 AM
Registered

I'll have to track down my warranty paperwork, I'm pretty sure the actual warranty is ally financial, who also holds GM'ss GMPP warranty. "recommended factory maintenance" is what's in the owner's manual, from my experiences, when you have a big engine or trans issue they ask for us to fax in maintenance records to make sure you haven't been neglecting the vehicle.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:48 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by THACAMAROKID69
I'll have to track down my warranty paperwork, I'm pretty sure the actual warranty is ally financial, who also holds GM'ss GMPP warranty. "recommended factory maintenance" is what's in the owner's manual, from my experiences, when you have a big engine or trans issue they ask for us to fax in maintenance records to make sure you haven't been neglecting the vehicle.
Many thanks. I'd be willing to buy out of town for a warranty like that, as long as I can have service done locally.
I did some digging and there are a few GMC Dealers that offer "limited lifetime powertrain warranty".
Old 01-23-2017, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

My new 2016 Chevy has a 100K mile powertrain warranty and I also purchased the extended bumper to bumper warranty for 100K miles. It's thru Ally. On my previous 2008 Chevy, I used my extended warranty twice I think. Once for a broken door handle after my kid ripped it off and once for a blown U-Joint ( I had a 6" lift but they still covered it). Other than that, I never had any warranty claims on my truck after 8 years.
Old 01-23-2017, 08:07 AM
Registered

You'll probably get a better deal down your way, with the same warranty, it's sold at all mopar dealers, and all the guys I know that tow and haul cars/boats for a living say the best truck deals are in NC. I just don't know anybody at any of the dealers down there personally.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
This really sucks for all the new 6.7 owners... My old 7.3 and 6.0 P/S's were stone cold reliable, I never had a problem with either, (except when the 6.0 thru a CEL code for excess carbon build-up on turbo blades, although the truck was running fine, Ford replaced the turbo under warrenty, and some brake issues....) My brother who owns a small trucking co. leaned on me to get a new 6.7 Cummins, and I guess I'm glad I did. Towed the Spectre over to Tampa last weekend, and it towed like a champ, LOVE the engine brake, it works really well, and the rear air ride is really nice, had to get used to the air tank pressure relief valve going off ever so often...

Sorry for the Hi-jack, now back to the topic....
What's the spectre doing over here Dean?
Old 01-23-2017, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MonkeySea2
I agree that the DEF tank on the Chevy is super ugly and a bad design.
That thing comes right off!
Old 01-23-2017, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Plum_Crazy
That thing comes right off!
That's the only thing I can think of why they put it their, to make it easier for the average truck buyer to remove.
My wife even laughed about it and said that'll last 2 weeks around our house. Step bars are the first thing removed, but then again our trucks leave pavement.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.