Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Trucks, Trailers and Transportation (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/trucks-trailers-transportation-159/)
-   -   2500HD deceleration vibration?????? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/trucks-trailers-transportation/94317-2500hd-deceleration-vibration.html)

Griff 01-11-2005 11:09 PM

Re: 2500HD deceleration vibration??????

Originally Posted by Bigwavz
Ditto on the U-joints. Have someone check out the driveshaft. You have a two piece driveshaft and it is real common for the center bearing where the two halves are connected to wear out. Crawl under there and see if you can see any play by the center bearing.

How many miles??? Another thing might be a pinion bearing. I forget if it's front or rear on decel. Check out the driveshaft/cntr bearing and let me know. I have a good friend who is a Chevy truck Master technician. I can ask him for you.

I did look under it with the rear end jacked up, running and in gear, and didn't see anything obvious. I could get very slight vibration to, but very little in comparison. I do have the 2 piece drive shaft and am leaning to it being a problem with that. There is a boot around what looks similar to a CV joint. The boot looks fine, but I'm not sure about what's inside. The u-joints appear fine when pushing the driveshaft and I don't see any slop.

I also thought of the rear end. The vibration gets worse as you slow down faster or brake harder, but I don't think its in the brakes. There is no pulsating in the pedal at all and the brakes feel normal.

Cat man do 01-13-2005 10:46 AM

HAD THE SAME PROBLOM ON MY 2001 F350, U JOINTS, REPLACED THEM AND NO MORE VIBRATION :drink:

Griff 01-14-2005 03:52 AM

I reeeeeeeeeally hope that is the case. Its going in Mon to get looked at by a real mechanic----not a "service technician"

Tires have been checked and although they have some minor flat spots, everyone seems to be in agreement that the tires would not cause the vibration I'm getting, or if they were, it would not be isolated to just deceleration.

Iggy 01-14-2005 04:42 AM

My F-250 has done it since new. Sort of feels like a tire that's way out of balance. But it only happens during de-excelleration (braking or coast-down).
On F150online.com many members there complained of the same vibration on all Ford trucks. Ford has not been able to figure out what it is.
Truck has 120K on it now and I've grown used to it.

O.C.Barry 01-14-2005 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Formulabill
there is a re-call on the driveshaft. Because of vibration ,they are going with a 2 piece shaft.

I have a 2002 2500HD 6.0 gas automatic. Does the recall apply to me?

Jreinmiller123 12-09-2015 05:04 PM

Griff. This is the exact problem I have. Did you resolve this.?

TooLateVTEC 12-09-2015 05:40 PM

Updating the truck to the hydraulic body mounts will help the problem, if it doesnt have them from the factory.

Dad had an 04 duramax with the same issue around 45, and the dealer put those body mounts (I think it was only the rear 2 mounts they did) and that helped a good bit, but it still did it. 95% of the time the truck was used to tow anyway, so when there was a load in it or behind it, it didnt do it.

Good luck

shepnic74 12-09-2015 06:01 PM

Sounds like a drive shaft vibration of some sort. Had the same symptoms with my 2010 dodge cummins mega cab turned out the two piece drive shaft was causing it. I installed a one piece large diameter drive shaft and is now super smooth. I don't know how your drive line is configured but if it's a cab and chassis I would imagine it has a two piece shaft with a carrier bearing and I would start there. Just noticed this thread is pretty old but hope this info helps someone.

outlw36 12-09-2015 06:16 PM

I have had this happen on 2 of my fords and both times it was the front shock for the steering stabilizer. It's either lose or bad.

Griff 12-10-2015 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Jreinmiller123 (Post 4383820)
Griff. This is the exact problem I have. Did you resolve this.?

Holy old threads!!!

It was the U joints.