Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Filters For 6.0L Diesel and others >

Filters For 6.0L Diesel and others

Notices

Filters For 6.0L Diesel and others

Old 03-18-2005, 08:25 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Filters For 6.0L Diesel and others

I found this web site on the Diesel stop board. www.filter1.com. It takes a few minutes to set up an account but worth it.

My air filter retails at $136.40 you can by it a NAPA for $60 filter1 cost is $37.83.

Oil filter retail at $18 Filter1 is $11

Fuel filter is $37.19 instead of the $54 price from NAPA.

WIX fuel/water separators #33225 for the boat are $4.54 each order any combo of Six filters and they ship for free.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:42 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Filters For 6.0L Diesel and others

Replacement engines are $13,000. I'm sticking with the Ford filters. Especially with a 100K warranty on the motor. I don't need eight bucks that bad.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with chris, the aftermarket filters begin to disintegrate and take out injectors as well as other issues. the ULSD being pumped now has had an adverse affect. use the aftermarket oil filters if you must but the fuel system filters are a bad gamble
Old 05-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow dug up from 05

I still order from them every spring I buy enough filters for multiple changes in all my equipment for the year!

So let's use some logic! Does Ford make there own filters or buy them from the lowest bidder per Spec?????????????????? Could they be Junk filters absolutely! Does Wix make a good filter? Are 99% of the water/Fuel separators made by Wix. Who makes the NAPA Gold and Merc Filter? Who makes the Wix Racing filter?

Do you guys think that Keebler cookies are actually made by elves so they must be better? Did I say that I order my filters directly from the cheapest garbage supplier out there? Get my point
Old 05-05-2008, 12:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scott
Wow dug up from 05

I still order from them every spring I buy enough filters for multiple changes in all my equipment for the year!

So let's use some logic! Does Ford make there own filters or buy them from the lowest bidder per Spec?????????????????? Could they be Junk filters absolutely! Does Wix make a good filter? Are 99% of the water/Fuel separators made by Wix. Who makes the NAPA Gold and Merc Filter? Who makes the Wix Racing filter?

Do you guys think that Keebler cookies are actually made by elves so they must be better? Did I say that I order my filters directly from the cheapest garbage supplier out there? Get my point
Scott, you're funny, I was going to say the same thing. The best Ford 6.0 Filter I've found is made by AMSOIL, and EAO 88, which is what I use. Ford doesn't make any of their stuff, like you said, they bid it out, and whoever the cheapest, that who gets to supply it.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:40 PM
Registered

I put an airrade intake on my 6.0 excursion. The filters are like k&m. Not only are they better quality, but they are no more expensive, breathe better, allow for better milage and can be reconditoned repeatedly and cleaned if you use your truck in a dusty environment. My dealer said he has lots of customers that use aftermarket filters that do not void the warranty. I'm not sure about "bargain" or generic filters.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:42 PM
Registered

P.S. I did enjoy the Keebler elves analogy.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i even use Motor Craft oil and filters
Old 05-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

There are MANY MANY no votes for K&N filters on PSDs on TheDieselStop.com

I've got www.trueflow.com on my 7.3PSD and I am quite happy with it. It filters better than stock and flows more air.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
There are MANY MANY no votes for K&N filters on PSDs on TheDieselStop.com

I've got www.trueflow.com on my 7.3PSD and I am quite happy with it. It filters better than stock and flows more air.
Neither Cummins, nor International will warranty a turbo failure if using a K & N air filter. Reason being, they don't stop any dirt. They are great for air flow, but if you really want to keep your motor running good, don't use a K & N!

Quick Reply: Filters For 6.0L Diesel and others

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.