Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Best chip/upgrades for 6.0 powerstroke >

Best chip/upgrades for 6.0 powerstroke

Notices

Best chip/upgrades for 6.0 powerstroke

Old 04-03-2005, 08:47 AM
JC
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Best chip/upgrades for 6.0 powerstroke

I ran the edge juice / attitude on my 05 for 8 months, then started to have some problems with the screen, they told me this system should not be used on the 05 and just sent me a new system. The thing I dont like about it is I had four fuel injectors go bad last week so I had to pull it all off before taking it to the shop. I tried the Diable on my 05 last week and liked it, I do know MTK was pulling a triple car hauler and did overheat coolant ( 03 ) but I was pulling my 42 tiger and had no problem....
Old 04-06-2005, 06:04 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got a Diablo in my 2002 PSD. I know it's a 7.3, but I really like it. I can program shift points. It really ran on the middle setting (80hp). I then changed it to the ecnonomy setting for towing (60hp). All week last week I was towing a 12k-14k fertalizer cart, stop and go, in and out of fields and got 18.5 mpg. I thought that was pretty good.

My only mods were the diablo programmer and switched to 34" tires, the had my Ford dealership recalibrate the speedo for the 2" taller tires.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Food for thought on the coolant issue with the Diablo unit.

I have almost 100 units on the street with ZERO reports of coolant overflow. There are plenty of members here that can back up my reports on this too.

My personal truck has one on it. This truck has been run HARD to say the least. My truck gets drag raced pretty regularly around here. Not a spot of coolant in 18k miles.

The SC is probably a safer unit to run. It's easy to see why....it makes less HP. BUT, customer service is lacking too. I think there are those here that can back this claim up also.

Sorry Troutly.....you didn't actually expect me to leave a Diesel truck thread alone did ya?

Buck

Last edited by buck183; 04-12-2005 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Bully Dog Powerhound and like it. No shifting issues, smooth power. With no cat of muffler and dual pipes from the muffler back, it does get hot at times, up to 1100 at the manifold.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:43 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Funny, I've never seen Buck run his truck hard... but that cop at LOTO sure did!! LOL!!!!!

hey Buck, wanna go golfing?
Old 04-13-2005, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Waterfoul
Funny, I've never seen Buck run his truck hard... but that cop at LOTO sure did!! LOL!!!!!

hey Buck, wanna go golfing?
No thanks, I think I've used my luck up for this lifetime.

Buck
Old 04-13-2005, 12:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SeaRay Jim
Edga has blown up a lot fo trannies
That would be a Ford issue as the tranny is the weak link behind their diesel. I hear of lots of trannies going away when the truck is in stock form as well.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Ive had Edge on my last 6 trucks. Although I have been happy, the defueling and getting the power to work with the tranny as well as all around performance has been a PITA.

I did alot reserch and have been using the SCT, which is mentioned above. In std form its all you need. I just leave it in perf. tune, it is much quicker out of the hole, and my midrange is great, top end Edge was stronger, but EGTS were also higher. It gets the power to the ground quicker, safer, and I still can beat on those rice burners as well as a few mustangs. Shifts perfect every time, has 2 lesser power levels, economy and tow. I opted for a custom tune with a switch to extreme tune, I believe I am the only one that has this to this point. The new rendition will be here Tuesday-Wed. This Extreme tune is the most power that the injectors can pump out and the tranny can somewhat handle, I didnt want to leave it on this level, even though it would be ok, the temptation is always there, so for me a switch will work out better. This is much quicker than my Edge, blows it away, and shifts perfectly. I have been working with Tadd from Rocky Mountain Diesel who has now joined forces with ATS diesel. Kyle is the owner and Tadd works for him, both great guys www.atsdiesel.com. 1-800-949-6002. They know what they are talking about, very honest. I am in the process of switching my other trucks over. Jeff

Last edited by Jassman; 04-17-2005 at 08:07 AM.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:13 AM
Registered

diablo makes more power than the edge. the coolant issue
is one that some stock vehicles have experienced so it's not just diablo. had a truck last week with the edge with same problem. other than trans problems related to the planetary
recall, i haven't seen a single trans failure, chipped or stock.
i've installed edge & diablo & the diablo had way more power
and shifted better. edge defueling is a good concept but there
tuners don't seem to be as good or smooth as diablo.
i run a ford service dpartment so i've seen the problems ford has stock & chipped.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Registered

I have a 04 ford f350 with 90,000 miles.it has a banks intake and exhaust, i am wondering which chip would be best it just seems like it needs a little more get up and go. i mainly pull up to 7000 pounds at a time. thanks

Quick Reply: Best chip/upgrades for 6.0 powerstroke

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.