Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Best chip/upgrades for 6.0 powerstroke >

Best chip/upgrades for 6.0 powerstroke

Notices

Best chip/upgrades for 6.0 powerstroke

Old 03-25-2005, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best chip/upgrades for 6.0 powerstroke

I am wondering what chips/mods are the best out there for the 6.0 powerstroke. In my 2003 7.3 I did the upgraded exhaust, a WD 3 stage chip and ram air.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:07 PM
Registered

Default Re: Best chip/upgrades for 6.0 powerstroke

Again, I'm going to have to say that the Edge Juice/Attitude are the only way to go.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:37 AM
Registered

This is what I have been told by many people, as my new 6.0 should be here soon. The Banks is the safest, does add nice power but not as much as the edge. The edge needs to be piggy backed with another system that works on the tranny. There are a couple more, but I have heard most of those have issues. I am going with the Banks Big Hoss Bundle as I tow a lot of weight and they are the only ones with a complete kit including a new intercooler. Now like I said this is only what I have been told, but I do know a couple of people with the banks six gun and it does a nice job and they have had no problems with this system. So if anyone else knows something better let me know too. Right now I am leaning towards the banks as I said.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:25 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

From what I was told, only the Edge has "de-fueling". That means that if EGT goes up too high, it backs off on fuel until the temp comes down. I wouldn't want a system that forced me to watch the temp gauge closely for fear of melting the pistons and exhaust valves.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:10 AM
Registered

Very happy with the edge/attitude. Outstanding customer service.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:34 PM
Registered

The banks six gun system monitors the EGT and it also monitors boost pressures as well. It controls the output to keep these with in spec.....
Old 03-29-2005, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

I have to recommend the Super Chips Micro Tuner. I have been running it for 4 months now with no problems. It pulls the boat great (approx 11,000lbs) at 70mph up hill. The egts did not go over 950. In economy the truck runs very strong. I made a pass at the local 1/4 mile at 14.7 at 93 mph. This tuner also tunes the transmission. Good luck.

PS: you will need gauges or a monitor with the SCMT
Old 03-29-2005, 05:29 PM

I use the Superchips tuner also ... 0-60MPH in 5.47 seconds in High Performance Mode! Towing 13,000 Lbs. in Tow safe mode foot to the floor for 3 minutes going up hill EGT never went over 900! I love the tuner and for the 2005 it takes about 2 mionutes to change the programming. I am a dealer for them and will give jobber pricing to anyone interested. E-Mail me at [email protected].

- Vinnie
Old 03-29-2005, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

If I were to do a programmer I would go Diablo over any other. Customer service is twice what SuperChips is and gained horsepower is higher too.

Plenty of good chip/ monitor packages available that I wouldn't hesitate to use.

Buck
Old 03-31-2005, 11:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I agree with ExcaliburHawk40. I"ve been running the SC 1704 on mine sinc ethey came out last year. It's not the biggest power maker out there, but when yout hit the road, the power coupled with the great tranny tuning it hangs with just baout any of them.

I'd stay away from Diablo (flash tuner like SC) for the 6.0, as well as the Edge/Attitude (in-line module). Edga has blown up a lot fo trannies and Diablo like to blow coolant and according to them, they don't actually tune the tranny, although shifting doesn't seem to be a problem with them

If you want more power??? SCT (Superchips Custom Tuning). A company started by a joint venture wiht SC but no relation in day to day or programming. The SCT (dealer like Innovative Diesel) comes with core programs but the dealer/tuner can build new programs. Eric as Inovative has a couple of fairly new tunes that are calling me to try. He's making power like the Edge and other in-line modules, but also tuning the tranny so they are getting good power down to the ground.

Tuners are general cheaper at $300-$450 where in-line modules are usually $500-$1000. Quadzilla has a new product in beta that is suppossed to be the cats a$$ as well.

Quick Reply: Best chip/upgrades for 6.0 powerstroke

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.