Honest Opinions Needed >

Honest Opinions Needed

Notices

Honest Opinions Needed

Old 11-02-2006, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honest Opinions Needed

Being Velocity owners and being familiar with the product line what changes would you like to see made to the boats. For example graphics, interior cockpit and cabin, dash etcc.
I have been in conversation with both Steve and Clay at the factory about promoting the product line here in S.Fla as well as offereing a full service facility. After spending days at the boat show and talking to non owners the general feeling was that Velocity builds a great boat which is fast,reliable and very well built, however many felt the graphics needed some work and that the cockpit and dash needed to be updated from the flat and square look to something more "modern" Having the ability to do some prototyping I would really appreciate your input
Paul
Old 11-02-2006, 12:58 PM
Registered

Default Re: Honest Opinions Needed

You are correct. There has been some effort to work with Mcleod on interiors, however there are other alternatives available. Dashes and guage display definitely needs an update. It seem as though the models offering the most flexibility are those with a farring. And paint...yes, we are not on the west coast. All of this I would like to incorporate into my next project with them.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:35 PM
Registered

oh deere
Are you saying you'd like to see different graphics? also what are your ideas on dash layout?
Old 11-02-2006, 02:00 PM
Registered

Yes the dash need upgrading. Maybe like this............
Attached Thumbnails Honest Opinions Needed-nortech-dash.jpg  
Old 11-02-2006, 02:02 PM
Registered

Or even this would be nice..........
Attached Thumbnails Honest Opinions Needed-baja-dash.jpg  
Old 11-02-2006, 02:18 PM
Registered

As far as graffics go i like the plan V down the side of the boat. Chris Cruise does great work but your going to pay extra $$$$$$$ if want awesom paint.

The dash needs a cup holder,and stereo controles at the helm. Whats with the piece of fiberglass between the two bolsters on the 36'-32' you have to take it out to get into the cabin then put it back when underway. I would like to see some kind of sliding door with VELOCITY in it .Maybe smoked glass,and a screen that works with it like donzis ZRs. Another consern would be drainage holes in the cabin,cockpit,and the glove box. I cant tell you how may times i put my cell phone, wallet,and what not in the glove box and forget about it then when it rains finding everthing drenched. I don't know about anyone else but i cant wash the cockpit of my 280 without a shopvac to suck up all the dirty water because of no drian holes near the back seat.

One more thing i would do is make the back seat tilt forward on all there models not just the 322.

Last edited by Thong Fellow; 11-02-2006 at 02:23 PM.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:35 PM
Registered

Feedback is excellent thank you! keep it coming
Old 11-02-2006, 02:50 PM
Registered

Almost forgot the bolsters. They need a better system than that cable with the two little pieces of rod that should go into two holes on the side of the seat. That lasted about one season on my boat then we had to pull the seat up past the hole jiggle the hell out of it to release then set it on top of the rail instead of in the hole. Last year i was running standing up so i had my seat down when i felt it hit my leg. "The screws backed out". Or so i thought, they used plywood to attach the seat to the brackit on the bolster and it rooted away.NO WOOD IN THIS BOAT HAAAA... It was an easy fix ,now there great i used starbourd to replace the wood.

One thing i really like is use of the black rubrail. That must really cut down on the cleaning time.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:40 PM
Registered

AAH ALL THAT stuff is extra weight! Strip em down big power and lets go kick some ASS!!!! This Aint no baja!
Old 11-02-2006, 07:16 PM
Registered

I agree. Quit haten on Velocitys.

Quick Reply: Honest Opinions Needed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.