Post your Miami Velocity Pictures

Old 02-19-2007, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well here we go again
Old 02-20-2007, 07:13 AM
Registered

Holy Cow!!! I'm a velocity guy and I don't even want to lurk here any more.

Everyone needs to realize: "oppinions are like *******s, everyone has one"

And kids: If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

You guys have me sounding like my mom.

Critisize craftmanship and performance etc...but color, paint and options that all has to do with PERSONAL preference. If you wouldn't choose it that's your preference. Just as it happened here the person that did choose it now dosen't like the typer and they've never even met.

This sh*t gets outta hand some times.

see it's just a name...Vicious22
Old 02-20-2007, 07:27 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikes280
well here we go again
Where we going? I'm In!
Old 02-20-2007, 08:35 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

To be fair here, i think the initial criticism was made under the assumption that this was a velocity show boat and not a boat that was purchased and designed by a customer. I doubt the comment would have been made had people known otherwise. An apology might be in order, thats not for me to say though.

Regardless, this is no reason to start bickering like a bunch of hens.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Steet
I have seen 2 of the 38 lightnings from the factory with the GPS recall at 111 on one and 112 on the other. I think they have had one or two that have been around 115, but not ones that I have seen. Check the recall GPS. The Velocity at the boat show had the GPS turned on and it read 114
My understanding was the Fountains needed to use Number 6 drives to get to their number as the NXT package had too much slip with their hull design. While it's certainly an accomplishment to get that kind of speed out of the much heavier #6 drive - the buyer has to likely pay quite a premium for a #6 compared to a NXT drive package.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
The Dragon boat was special ordered by a good friend of mine. If you knew the business he is in the paint scheme makes sense.

HOT

He wanted a 38 + foot boat, plenty of head room in the cuddy and a generator, that would still run over 80 MPH with stock 525's.

I am not a big Velocity fan, but like I told him last year when he was ordering it "I think he chose a good boat that meets all his needs, and got a lot for his money".

If it is your money, buy what you want, power it the way you want, and paint it the way you want. We have way too many people bashing everyone else's boat. Believe me as a Baja owner I fully understand that.

He is now an official "Mexican" and a member of the Baja, Ve-Low-City owners club. That is what he just told me when I answered the phone, so if anyone gets offended take it up with the new Velocity guy.

Can we all say "TACO"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attn. Steve Teeter:

The owner of this beautiful boat just called me and invited us to do two poker runs.

If must be hard for you to understand how I "Dock Holiday" can have a friend, that in no way ranks up with anyone you have ever met, but who now owns a Velocity.

Sorry, if we do a poker run I promise to not be seen in any pictures, nor be in any magazines or DVD's. I give my word I will not make any post either, we sure as HELL don't want to offend you "Oh Great One"!

The world has fallen off it's axis and no longer revolves around me!

You still want me to lower myself to your level?

Congratulations, you have friend with a very nice boat.
Also met one of your other friends down in Miami this past weekend. Roger said to tell you hello. (36' Apache)
Old 02-21-2007, 08:41 PM
Registered

The paint is wild..
Attached Thumbnails Post your Miami Velocity Pictures-41-velocity.jpg  
Old 02-22-2007, 03:49 AM
Registered

Hey to each his own its not my boat and i wasn't bashing the new owner i thought thatpaint was planed buy Steve like that to put in the show from the pictures of the same side over and over its just to over the top for me. Did anyone take any pictures of the cockpit + cabin ??????? I'd like to see the fit and finish.

Congrates to the new owner. Hey were all in the same family. He has a great product to spread the name of Velocity. Everywhere he goes you know you'll hear LOOK AT THAT WHAT KIND OF BOAT IS THAT???!!!
Old 02-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Registered

I did not take any pictures of the cockpit or cabin, but I did find the workmanship, nterior design and layout the nicest I have seen so far from Velocity. The L shaped bench and separate bolsters with side entrance was a great idea. Nice job. That is the beauty of a custom builder...the customer has a choice.