22FT Regal Velocity vs. 22T Velocity >

22FT Regal Velocity vs. 22T Velocity

Notices

22FT Regal Velocity vs. 22T Velocity

Old 08-04-2007, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 22FT Regal Velocity vs. 22T Velocity

What are the real differences between these two boats...ie lay up, weight,performance etc?The Regal version has a small berth that I actually like,but I know the extra weight sacrifices speed.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

It depends on the year. I know Steve Stepp actually produced the early Regal 22's in his factory. The flat deck 22' Velocity and Regal are pretty similar. Later Regals have a center dash cut out and recessed cabin floor where the early Velocity has a solid dash and floor locker. The early Velocity 22 had a very light lay-up. From what I've seen, later Regals were more conservative in the lay-up.

Let me know if you'd like to get together to compare first hand.

Rick
Old 08-07-2007, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark,

did you find an older 22?
Old 08-07-2007, 07:17 AM
Registered

Ah screw that! it's time for you to move up to a nice 32.

Hint, hint....
Old 08-07-2007, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by VinMan
Ah screw that! it's time for you to move up to a nice 32.

Hint, hint....
Ya Mark and mine is for sale.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My old 1987 regal velocity 22 was the one with the cut out in the dash. The hull and deck were well built BUT the regal part is what I didn't like. The hull was not glassed to the deck and the deck didn't fit correctly on the boat(it needed grinding to flush fit right) All the holes regal drilled had latex caulk and were seeping. The back seat was never sealed and neither was the bottom of the floor(raw wood.) No reinforcement to the transom for the o/b and th deck was spider cracking every where there was a cleat or screw. The boat was built as cheap as they could of. It took a lot of hours to correct the problems, then it was a decent boat. Would look for a steve step boat next time. Just my opinion.
Attached Thumbnails 22FT Regal Velocity vs. 22T Velocity-velocity1-003.jpg  
Old 10-16-2007, 06:40 AM
Registered

could someone tell me when steve stepp stopped making the velocity 22 before the regal corp took over. i see some are saying he built some of them for regal. what is the cutoff date and which are the good ones to look out for.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1
Ya Mark and mine is for sale.

And the asking price would be??? Inquiring minds would like to know.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by lowfunds
could someone tell me when steve stepp stopped making the velocity 22 before the regal corp took over. i see some are saying he built some of them for regal. what is the cutoff date and which are the good ones to look out for.
The first thing to look at if the hull ID starts with a V or a R. The V should be there through the 1985 model year. Steve did produce some 22's for Regal. You actually would need a serial number cut-off opposed to a date cut-off and then who knows if there may have been mixed production during the transition. I would bet the solid dash boats would be Velocity built. Bear in mind however - that either boat will be ~20 years old now and storage, usage and maintenance will have had a much bigger affect on the boat's present condition! That being said, I wouldn't count on a 22 year Velocity built boat being in better shape then a 20 year old Regal built boat!
Old 10-31-2008, 07:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by lowfunds
Early 1987

Quick Reply: 22FT Regal Velocity vs. 22T Velocity

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.