Big Hp in a single engine >

Big Hp in a single engine

Notices

Big Hp in a single engine

Old 09-18-2007, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Big Hp in a single engine

I am building up a strong single engine. It will not be hideous but should thump between 750 and 800 hp. I looking for a fast single engine hull to utilize this engine. What type of results could be expected from a 28 -29 Velocity? I would think it has been done.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:13 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Your going to be lookign at High 80's with tht H.P. I was running a 675 blown 509 and did 82. I blew that up and now just dropped in a 572 Blown with a 10-71 intercooled. MikeS280 knows a ton if you want PM him and ask him a few questions. I hope to hit triple digits but we will see what happends. you will love the boat and hull. Key is an excellent seat feel and excellent steering system.
Mike
Old 09-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Sting,what are you going to do with the drive,you will be blowing the floors out of the stock Bravos.Been there and done that.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:16 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Hyper help me out whats the best solution. MikeS280 said the XR is pretty strong but he's blown around 3 already and i just got off the phone with Tom- Wild Child said the drive would be in pieces if i ran it to hard. So i have no clue hat to put behind the motor. Any help would be great. I was told BMax Konrad or Imco i just want to to go on the stock gimble i dont ant a tranny, i dont have the room.
Mike
Old 09-18-2007, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I run the Imco Extreme Sc drives on my boat and have had no problems at all.The Bmax and Konrads are also good drives but I have had no personal dealings with them.My stock Bravo drives were good for one blast and then they were junk from all of the torque and then the gears went through the floor and then they are throw away scrap.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Touch base with Biggus from Konrad. You can find him on OSO.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:54 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Ok guys will do Oh Deere love the paint on the boat. I will search and shop around alreay know its gonna be big money for a drive can see it happining. Hopefully i can find one that some doesnt need anymore haha
Old 09-23-2007, 08:25 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

I can get a #6 drive off of Cougar man but dont know about a gimble,trans, or much about it
Old 09-24-2007, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

A number 6 retro-fit would be "huge science project" which you'd better off buying a new blank hull that's been properly set up this engine/transmission/transom/drive combination. This is not a bolt-on project!

I'd talk to the factory about retro-fitting the Konrad and getting an optimal set-up. The Konrad is a very strong drive but you'll lose about 3 mph compared to a Velocity Bravo boat and you should talk to someone about the handling changes as well. Although several twins have been set-up with konrads, I only know of 1 single engine (a VR1) that was set-up with a Konrad. You'll also need new steering but that comes with the Konrad ACE package.

How much does the new ACE package cost compared to the value of your boat? It always good to take a sanity check!
Old 09-24-2007, 08:43 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

So RE what is the best possable solution to a 900-1000 h.p boat thats has a bravo1 on it i dont want to do a lot of work just a swap out really. not looking for the cheap way out just easy i was told about somehtign called a max machine drive by marinetrans-noppa marine- out of fairhaven mass what do you guys think
Mike S.S.

Quick Reply: Big Hp in a single engine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.