Velocity questions >

Velocity questions

Notices

Velocity questions

Old 05-21-2008, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Velocity questions

I just bought a 1995 velocity 26. I have been building a new engine for my last boat, but I sold it and bought this velocity. The engine is a blown 555 with a super chiller. I was hoping that someone out there has tried to fit such a engine package together in a velocity. Im trying to keep the boat as stock looking as possible, but don't want to hurt the performance of the new engine. Also the other question that I have is has anyone out there tried a imco 2" shorty on there velocity? pro's and con's thanks for your help.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Call the factory and talk to Steve. If it has been done he will likely know about it.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Check with Velocity Mike,he has a 280 with a big blower engine set up in it,and is bad ass.Check with him.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:36 PM
Registered

I have a 1993 26' with a 548ci with a 1071 littlefield blower on it. Runs in the low 100s. My X is 2" higher than stock it work on my boat, but didn't work on Mikes 280 or Velocity Mark boats. My doesn't have a windshield and its a kelver hull.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:53 PM
Registered

Mine also is a kevler hull and no windshield. How much power are you producing? and how stable is your boat going that fast.

Last edited by stoltz; 05-21-2008 at 10:17 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:59 PM
Registered

velocity mike

How do I get in touch with Velocity Mike, 28 thoroughbred or Velocity Mark . Do you guys have super chillers on your boats? If you do how did you get it under your hatch? or did you have to cut things? I have talked with Steve Stepp he has been very helpful, but I wanted to get other people opinions. I want to get as much info as I possible can. This is the only velocity in Idaho and I want to make it work the very best it can. I hope that you can help me thanks for your help everybody.

Last edited by stoltz; 05-21-2008 at 10:19 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:34 AM
Registered

i can name 5 or so in va that run big inch blower setups that i have built. mostly 24s but a couple 26s, the x-dim on all of the hulls were close enough that a shorty was not required.as for the chiller, if its a must have for you get ready to cut or build a new hatch, i have not had one fit under the stock hatch yet. as for handling at 100+mph, you must drive the boat and i don't mean just hold the wheel and push the throttle, my 24 is fairly stable to about 110, at 113 it starts to act a little strange, and full steering is a must, hope this helps
Old 05-22-2008, 09:15 AM
Registered

Default velocity kid

I have had a couple of different boats that once you hit a point there start acting funny. I realize that it takes a lot of driving to keep the boat up on the pad, I like to drive a boat Sitting there running a 100 drinking a beer sounds good, but I would rather be cranking on the wheel. Do you feel that the nockaducts will feed the engine with enough air flow? And do you think that I should just start out with my bravo before I buy a shorty.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

The NACA Ducts will work fine as they successfully feed twin engine, blower motors on the larger Velocities. Definitely get a base-line handling and speed-wise with a standard length bravo before moving to the shorty. Also consider that the shorty will be harder on your already over-matched bravo drive! 28Tbred's positive experience is the first I've heard of on a single engine set up. Good luck and take your time working the boat up to speed.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:56 AM
Registered

I am about to pull the engine out in the next week. We are all done with the engine except for some minor things and dyno time. As far as the drive and the gimbal I am going to rebushing everything and have the drive checked out. I realize that I am not going to get a long time out of the drive, but I have it and might as well use it.

Quick Reply: Velocity questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.