So What's the Deal with Gas $$ ? >

So What's the Deal with Gas $$ ?

Notices

So What's the Deal with Gas $$ ?

Old 11-07-2008, 06:27 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default So What's the Deal with Gas $$ ?

It looks like about the only good thing to come out of the crash of the stock market is the price of oil/gas.

I paid $2.24 for gas yesterday and this past summer I can remember paying like $4.29 at times.
Hell, I though I'd be floating around on my Sunfish by next summer.

Who screwing who? or was?

VV, you got any inside info for us?
Old 11-07-2008, 10:17 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pat McPherson
It looks like about the only good thing to come out of the crash of the stock market is the price of oil/gas.

I paid $2.24 for gas yesterday and this past summer I can remember paying like $4.29 at times.

Gas is currently lower because of several factors.
The official reason is that OPEC lowered the price. OPEC lowered the price due to the looming economic collapse in the West. They lowered the price, hoping to increase consumption and hopefully make more money.

Demand is chief among them and its down in the industrialized world because of current economic uncertainties. Even the developing world is curtailing its needs as their economies thrive when more developed ones do, otherwise it slumps because their products are not needed. Next is a current oil glut related to demand, OPEC and other oil producers kept pumping to match demand. The opening of US oil producing regions now to future drilling also signaled a small but significant increase in the US meeting some of its own needs locally. Conservation was another small but important factor. Many consumers cut back on their usage. Media hyped war fears are being now downplayed so the commodity markets have calmed down. The US dollar has regained some (not much) of its strength which reduces prices due to inflation.

Chief one is the market reacts to lots of factors and thats why the screams for government action do little or nothing but distort things. Oil prices are for a product; supply and demand are the keys at any time, not government dictates. The old prices were simply too high.

The last quarter EXXon was making about $12,000.00 per minute after taxes and expences. So I'd say gas was over priced. The government recieved 30-35 billion (that's $30,000,000,000) of exxons profit in tax so why would they ***** about us paying high fuel prices.

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 11-07-2008 at 10:36 AM.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:39 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the explanation VV.
IMHO we in the US most certainly need to become less dependant on imported oil.
Natural Gas, Nuclear Power, Drilling for Oil in the US, as well as some “Green” Sources will help rebuild/repair our economy.
Hopefully the $4+ gas and $5+ diesel prices we paid this summer were just a wakeup call and are not the near future.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

And one more reason Cadillac has a new hybred Escalade that gets a wapping 20 mpg/
Old 11-08-2008, 12:47 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector
And one more reason Cadillac has a new hybred Escalade that gets a wapping 20 mpg/

Nice job on the above splain', I'm beginning to think there is hope for you. I'd ask how your hole is coming along, but for some reason that just don't sound quite right.

A Caddy Escalade, now why would any mega buck gentleman rancher or oil man give a f@ck about an extra mpg or two? Texas gone green? I see Okies going more of a dusty sage.

Hey, what do you think of the new avatar? Kinda artistic and serene don't you think?

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 11-08-2008 at 12:53 AM.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:24 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Ragged I like your Avatar, you are very autistic. I am a green kind of guy, why do you think I choose Demon 1050's. Good to see you again. I'm just starting a new hole. I have been out here for 5 day's and have not made the first inch yet. The rig has been broke down, should start drilling dirt today. The oil company asked me if I was charging them because the rig was broke? I told them I get paid the same whether I'm fighting or marching. The last well I drilled came online yesterday making 6 million cubic feet of gas per day and they are worried if I'm charging?
Old 11-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Pete what is up with the new avatar,are you hiding in the woods until the other boaters go by because you do not want them to know that you own a Fountain.Just messin.Why are the boys getting out of racing.I guess they found out how to make a million racing boats and that would be to start with 2 Million.VV when you get a chance give me a call.
Bill
Old 11-08-2008, 12:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1
Hey Pete what is up with the new avatar,are you hiding in the woods until the other boaters go by because you do not want them to know that you own a Fountain.Just messin.Why are the boys getting out of racing.I guess they found out how to make a million racing boats and that would be to start with 2 Million.VV when you get a chance give me a call.
Bill

Chit, a guy tries to be a little artistic and you think he's up to something underhanded. It's just my new deal. I've given up speed in favor of a more serene and calming boating experience. I have Reggie building me a new canoe, with a Beak at both ends, that way none of them will be able to figure out if I'm coming or going.

I don't have details on the race deal. Any opinion I would have would likely be wrong.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 11-08-2008 at 12:46 PM.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector
Ragged I like your Avatar, you are very autistic. I am a green kind of guy, why do you think I choose Demon 1050's. Good to see you again. I'm just starting a new hole. I have been out here for 5 day's and have not made the first inch yet. The rig has been broke down, should start drilling dirt today. The oil company asked me if I was charging them because the rig was broke? I told them I get paid the same whether I'm fighting or marching. The last well I drilled came online yesterday making 6 million cubic feet of gas per day and they are worried if I'm charging?

Thank you.

That last well sounds like the one that guy on the phone was trying to get me to invest in a few weeks ago. He said they had done the homework and it was a sure thing. Come to think of it I think he was in Kentucky. Wonder how his hole is? Damn, saying that just don't sound right.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Pat McPherson

its down to $1.97 here,for the last few weeks its slowed down a bunch, I figure it will start going back up since the election is over.

You know at 1.97 there still making a profit, what do ya call it at 4.00 a gallon ???

I wish I could do like Super Stops.They pre buy the gas from the oil companys in gallons,at a agreed price,like at the pump price of 1.99 there prob buying all they can,

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.

Quick Reply: So What's the Deal with Gas $$ ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.