Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
what trim tab +drive positions for running a 30???? >

what trim tab +drive positions for running a 30????

Notices

what trim tab +drive positions for running a 30????

Old 03-31-2009, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts
Default what trim tab +drive positions for running a 30????

I know some of you on here have a lot of seat time in a 30, so, where should I start with trim positions????? I am running speedy 2's with cleavers so out of the hole it doesnt catch until about 4000 rpm and requires tabs and drive all the way down to get on plane........then on plane what should I pull them up too??? Also, when it starts to get rough, what should I drop first, drives or tabs????
Old 03-31-2009, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
I know some of you on here have a lot of seat time in a 30, so, where should I start with trim positions????? I am running speedy 2's with cleavers so out of the hole it doesnt catch until about 4000 rpm and requires tabs and drive all the way down to get on plane........then on plane what should I pull them up too??? Also, when it starts to get rough, what should I drop first, drives or tabs????

Hopefully Notda1 or Excess Energy will chime in and help you out. They are both familiar with running the old 30's!!
Old 03-31-2009, 04:28 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopefully Notda1 or Excess Energy will chime in and help you out. They are both familiar with running the old 30's!!
Old 04-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a answer that probably only you will know over time. I have the newer version of the old 30 hull, which I have found different results depending on the prop, drive or prop shaft height, conditions, etc. I can't imagine that there are two identical setups for that hull out there right now. It will also depend on what you are running for power, tab length and how they were positioned and where the fat people sit. I have a single 700, with NXT drive, with the drive shaft 1" above the bottom of the boat. My tabs are 30 " and I have to run them just barely positive to keep the bow settled. That was not always the case before I made some prop adjustments, and will probably change after my next prop tweaking.

Not sure if that helps, but so drive it hard, then you will know.

Last edited by Oh Deere; 04-03-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

The trick with my old 30 was to try and keep it fairly flat when going fast . The tail was heavy and fell faster when I would get big air . Mine went well over 100mph and run best at high speed by setting the tabs when running below 85mph and then trimming mostly with just the drives on the top end .