Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
2003 26 Velocity For Sale >

2003 26 Velocity For Sale

Notices

2003 26 Velocity For Sale

Old 03-10-2010, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

VInyl Dye is sold in most automotive part stores as well as paint stores. It comes in an aresol (my spelling sux...) can. It is used for dyeing plastic. I am not sure how long it will last, but I am sure I will get 1 or 2 seasons out of it.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:05 PM
Registered

Here are a few pics of the floor, it was in pretty rough shape (cosmetically). The floor is solid, just the Vinyl or PVC flooring is discolored pretty bad... I originally had intentions of just putting in a removable carpet, however the more I looked at the floor them more it drove me crazy. It had to go.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:09 PM
Registered

I priced out the OEM flooring its almost $600 + shipping. Ouch!!. Especially considering I plan to go with a drop in carpet. So I bought some no-slip vinyl flooring from the local marina. It's definately is not as thick as the OEM flooring, but it will serve its purpose. I ended up about $120 into materials (much better). I think it came out pretty good. Again, I have red drop in carpet ready to go over it.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Registered

That thick OEM material on the floor definately hides the fact that the floor is not level all the way across the cockpit. In the previous pics you can see the middle is slightly lower than the sides....... Oh well once the chairs are back in and the carpet is in it won't be noticable.

The steering issue looks to be a previous bad install... Who ever serviced this boat (it appears the steering cable may have been replaced) forgot to install a small plastic sleve/spacer between the steering wheel hub and the helm unit. This caused a sloppy fit and actually caused the hub to come in direct contact with the helm. Everytime you steer it you could feel the metal on metal grinding. It is a $3.66 part! However, discontinued....... I was able to find one in Virgina so it is being shipped to me.

It amazes me where people will take short cuts. I have been know to take one myself every now and then. But the Steering system and throttle controls are definately 2 areas I would never cosider taking a short cut.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you just lay the new vinyl, over the old? Looks nice.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cabin fever
Did you just lay the new vinyl, over the old? Looks nice.
No. I pulled the old floor surface out. Scraped all of the old glue off the fiberglass and then glued the new surface down. I had started scraping by hand and realized how long it was going to take... So I grabbed my angle grinder w/ a wire wheel and went at it. Only took about 10 min to remove all of the glue.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What flooring did the factory want the 600 for was it the carpet or the replarement vinal stuff that you had in it, i was thinking to replace my carpet also but for 600 my sun faded stuff is just fine, does any one know where i can buy a nice thick marine grade carpet like the stuff that that was originaly in the boat
Old 03-17-2010, 10:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SAMDAHL76
What flooring did the factory want the 600 for was it the carpet or the replarement vinal stuff that you had in it, i was thinking to replace my carpet also but for 600 my sun faded stuff is just fine, does any one know where i can buy a nice thick marine grade carpet like the stuff that that was originaly in the boat
The Vinyl flooring that comes factory is what I pulled out and replaced. I think it is called Longcoin or something like that. When I bought this boat it didn't have carpet. Going forward I plan to have a lay-in carpet. I bought a 6' x 7' section of Red Marine Carpet from a vendor on ebay for around $50.00. The carpet I bought has a rubber backing and is made for glue in applications. But with the no-slip vinyl floor along with the rubber backing on the carpet, I won't have to worry about it sliding around. I am trying to avoid putting snaps in the floor. I seemd to always on the snaps the wrong way in my Baja and it drove me nutz. I cut the new carpet to fit and took it to a local guy who does tops and canvases to have Black Binding sewen around the edges. He is doing the binding for $85 and I am having the Velocity Logo stitched in for another $50. So for the drop in carpet I'm in it $185. Velocity wants $800 for the lay-in carpet.

I will post pics of the carpet when I get it back. On to the rest of the vinyl.........

Last edited by low_psi; 03-17-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Registered

Here are some pics of the vinyl clean up and dye.
This is how the seats and headrests looked.

This is after just cleaning alone:

After the vinyl Dye:

Last edited by low_psi; 03-21-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:02 PM
Registered

Here is the condition of the sundeck when the boat was delivered:

After cleaning up and a quick dye job:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.