260 Windshield ??? >

260 Windshield ???

Notices

260 Windshield ???

Old 06-01-2009, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 260 Windshield ???

How does the windshield on a 260 come off? I'm assuming from under the headliner and so on.... which leads to the next question how's the headliner come down?

Also what do you guy's think as far as keeping it on or taking it off?

My concern is really safety, the thing sticks up at the perfect height/ position to remove teeth if someone standing upfront loses footing ..... I usually drive standing up so the wind would be a none issue for me. Any other ups/ downs?

Thanks
Old 06-01-2009, 09:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 007joe
How does the windshield on a 260 come off? I'm assuming from under the headliner and so on.... which leads to the next question how's the headliner come down?

Also what do you guy's think as far as keeping it on or taking it off?

My concern is really safety, the thing sticks up at the perfect height/ position to remove teeth if someone standing upfront loses footing ..... I usually drive standing up so the wind would be a none issue for me. Any other ups/ downs?

Thanks
I don't know the answer to your question but it is funny that you ask it, I was laying in my cabin last weekend after a few too many beverages wondering how I would ever get that headliner out in one piece. I passed out before I ever figured it out
Old 06-02-2009, 11:48 AM
Registered

Default 260 Headliner removal

When I bought my 260 last winter, the fabic headliner was moldy and stained. I removed it all and installed foam-backed vinyl. It was a pain but well worth it. Removed all the trim and just started pulling the fabric off. Scrapped the excess foam and then used a cordless drill/sanding disc to remove any stuck residue. Glued the new stuff up, looks 110% better.
Before:
After:
Old 06-02-2009, 12:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cfo20
When I bought my 260 last winter, the fabic headliner was moldy and stained. I removed it all and installed foam-backed vinyl. It was a pain but well worth it. Removed all the trim and just started pulling the fabric off. Scrapped the excess foam and then used a cordless drill/sanding disc to remove any stuck residue. Glued the new stuff up, looks 110% better.
Before:
After:
That looks great! Did the headliner have a backing board like a car headliner?? I was looking at mine trying to figure out how I could get it out of the cabin to work on it if I did want to replace it. Also where did you find the foam backed vinyl?
Old 06-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by 007joe

Thanks

I changed the windshield on my 32 when I had it, went from the 12" plexi to the lower 6" version. All that held it on was the row of screws around the base, no thru bolts, no headliner work whatsoever. Was a real simple deal. If you have the newer framed version it might be different. Which style do you have?

Velocity glues the headliner in place vs doing a fully suspended version like Fountain does, so I would doubt there would be any reason to have to tear it out to change the windshield.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 06-02-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:18 PM
Registered

Ragged, I do have the newer framed one, I gotta take a better look, howd you like the lower windshield?
I'll post a pic 2moro
Old 06-02-2009, 10:55 PM
Registered

Personally, the short windshield looks a lot better on all of the V's, especially the 24'/260!!
Old 06-03-2009, 07:11 AM
Registered

ThruHull,
There was no backing board at all; just the fiberglass under the foam backed headliner. I got the foam backed vinyl from a vendor off ebay. I didn't order it directly of ebay as I wanted a custom cut size, so I called them directly and they were very helpful and very well priced! Check out ebay item number 320377679683 and call the 800 number listed. I think I dealt with Bob. He sent me exactly what I wanted, plus an adhesive that really works all for a great price.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cfo20
ThruHull,
There was no backing board at all; just the fiberglass under the foam backed headliner. I got the foam backed vinyl from a vendor off ebay. I didn't order it directly of ebay as I wanted a custom cut size, so I called them directly and they were very helpful and very well priced! Check out ebay item number 320377679683 and call the 800 number listed. I think I dealt with Bob. He sent me exactly what I wanted, plus an adhesive that really works all for a great price.
Thanks! It doesn't sound like a bad job if it is just glued to the boat. This might be next winters project.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DKerns
Personally, the short windshield looks a lot better on all of the V's, especially the 24'/260!!
I agree, I like the shorter windscreen a little better too, but I ordered one from Kenny last year for a friends boat and $2500 liked to took my breath away!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.