Any other 6 Man 30's?????? >

Any other 6 Man 30's??????

Notices

Any other 6 Man 30's??????

Old 06-28-2009, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by daredevil
What do u mean ,, by nice work u did ????

Bill's boat was mine a few years back, I did the paint work!

I do nice work!
Old 06-28-2009, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Sorry to tell u but speed wise u can not compare a velocity or any other boat with a fountain.

Back when I had Bill's 32 Velocity a close friend had a 32 Fountain, both had the 525 SC's. Mine had chillers and boost upped to 7 lbs, his had a little better cam with some head work and ran 10 lbs of boost without the chillers. Boats would run side by side mile after mile after mile.

I always felt the Fountain was a more stable ride, but that boat was a whole lot of fun to run.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 06-28-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd still put my money on a Velocity!!!

Good Luck with the debate gentlmen!!!
Old 06-28-2009, 03:46 PM
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Sorry to tell u but speed wise u can not compare a velocity or any other boat with a fountain.

Also what Aero-tek's did u have ???

And again ,,i am not bashing on velocity.
First line BULL SHI*. 4 years ago when Mercury introduced the 700 package, VELOCITY built a blue and silver 39' powered with the 700 package. This boat turned 18x39 pitch props, which at that time was the largest prop for this package up on the rev limiters at 115 mph. Now this boat was fully dressed, air conditioner, toilet, shower, and sink, not a stripped down version. They did a lot of poker runs that year and no other boat in their class could touch them, NONE. Steve Stepp claims a new one would run 125+ not a stripped down one. This is a 39" boat not a 35" boat. Also stock 700's not modifided like 3-4 other boat companys use. So imfo pound per pound hp per hp length per lenght VELOCITY would be faster

Last edited by EXCESS ENERGY; 06-28-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Just for the record my 30 was set up at lake-x in1985 with twin PFM 750 turbo motors . Their records showed 103mph and noted problems with 1 motor . I changed over to super charged 572'" motors and uped the pitch on the props after that . Ran it for 10 years , just the facts
Old 06-29-2009, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

ok back on track here........what others were there???
Old 06-29-2009, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Yours as you probably already know is an x-race boat . Mine was built as a race pleasure model with a full cabin . I only had 3 man in the front with a normal back seat . Had to add the back 3 for saftey reasons . A local x-racer Art Lilly played with that one of yours . Any others are or were probably race boats too .
Old 06-29-2009, 08:30 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1
I am not banging on the Aerotech but I am tired of Velocity not being recodnised for its speed and ruff water capabilitys and the Velocity name not being associated with the big boys in boats because in reality if Steve spent the money like other people have he would in deed be more well known but he did not and everyone thinks that Fountain and Outerlimits and ETC are the fastest well tht is not the case they just out spent cheap old Steve Stepp.I have owned several and all boats in the same size and power range have been put to shame including a few Aerotechs and many others.
First I like velocities, but it's the rot. Most used have hulls I see have delamination or the stringers aren't sealed very good.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:53 PM
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by northernoffshore
First I like velocities, but it's the rot. Most used have hulls I see have delamination or the stringers aren't sealed very good.
You are correct with the rot on some. Boats have a very good lay up, however when they rig them, they seem to be little lazy with sealing drilled holes. The new models have no wood or very little, so I think it's not a problem any more. Bob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.