Old 10-30-2009, 07:06 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is that good?
Old 10-31-2009, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, sounds awesome! If you could please find out your actual prop shaft height and prop selection, I'm very curious. Can't wait to hear about you're first ride!
Old 11-01-2009, 04:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DisturbedVelo22
Wow, sounds awesome! If you could please find out your actual prop shaft height and prop selection, I'm very curious. Can't wait to hear about you're first ride!
I will let you know when I find out. I do know that with the ITS drive the prop shaft is 7" further aft. That should allow for a higher shaft height, much like the transom step does. I am looking forward to my first ride in it as well.

John
Old 11-01-2009, 03:06 PM
Registered

I was vacationing in Orlando last week and stopped by the Velocity shop. Your boat looks awesome. The workmanship is first class. Just getting the exhaust through the transom is a work of art. Have fun with your new boat i would.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:46 PM
Registered

92mph today with a 5 blade Maximus prop. I think it was a 33" pitch. Now it is time to break the engine in and have a little fun and then come back to see what else it will do. For me 92 is plenty fast in a 22' boat. 65 in my old one was impressive. Steve says when you are cruising at 60 and hit it the gps can't keep up with the acceleration. I am in training for a week and can't get to the boat until I get back. This is going to be a long week.

John
Old 11-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Registered

so any updates?
Old 11-15-2009, 04:30 AM
Registered

Default Delivery Day !!!

The Day Came!!! We Ran the boat with Steve and took it home. This boat is fast! High cruise rpm on this boat was top end on the old one. It will take a little getting used to before I max this one out. The 92 mph run was with a 5blade 30"pitch. That was rpm limited, not throttle limited. What a beautiful boat they created. It is amazing at these speeds how well behaved a 22' boat can be. With the Silent Choice on it is a sleeper leaving the dock. Open the exhaust and you are looking for someting large to come around the corner.

We will see you on the lakes.

John

http://s604.photobucket.com/albums/t...elivery%20Day/
Old 11-15-2009, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Congrats John! Keep us posted on how it runs.

It is cool that Steve ran the boat with you. Gotta respect a high performance boat builder that does that. One of the reasons I love Velocitys is how easy it is to deal with the factory.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Padraig
Congrats John! Keep us posted on how it runs.

It is cool that Steve ran the boat with you. Gotta respect a high performance boat builder that does that. One of the reasons I love Velocitys is how easy it is to deal with the factory.
He has a lot of experience racing them and building them. That is like having a formula 1 dirver that is also an engineer building a car for you. The whole team is a pleasure to deal with. Kenny and Kim are super people too. They don't just slap a boat together. They understand the physics of design. My partner in this boat has had a lot of offshore boats and raced them. He said this is one of the most fun boats he has ran. It is by far the most fun boat I have run.

They still have my old boat. I thought that boat would have been gone in a week.

Jorge and I will be on the lake this week breaking in the engine and getting more confortable with it.

John
Old 07-01-2010, 05:06 AM
Registered

Default The engine is broke in

Well, I have had the boat for about 8 months now. I have about 40 hours on with no issues. I have had it up to 95.8mph on the gps. The boat will run all day long at 90. I sucks down the fuel at those speeds. At 70mph, I am burning 18 gph at about 4000rpm. Punch it and it feels like a drag car. For so many of my friends, this is the fastest they have been on the water. Trimmed in, it rides smoth across 1ft chop at 70. That is 5mph faster than my top speed in the 88. I have even had my wife to 70. She used to freak out at 45 on the old one. This boat still has not seen salt water, but I will remedy that this summer. I am looking foward to running it in south Florida, my old stomping grounds.

John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.