Get into hatch with dead battery >

Get into hatch with dead battery

Notices

Get into hatch with dead battery

Old 10-13-2009, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Get into hatch with dead battery

I haven't been out to the marina in a while where I keep my 260. It was inaccessible for a few weeks due to flooding, now it is getting cold and usually raining when I have time (weekends). So I am concerned the two batteries have died and I cannot get into the hatch. The two batteries are hooked to a Perko switch that is accessible.

So my dumb question of the week is how do you get the hatch open when the batteries are dead on a (1999) 260?
Old 10-13-2009, 07:39 AM
Registered

Cfo,
on my 260, i can lift my hatch manually from the front with out turning my batteries on.. and use a pole ot hold it up if u have to..

hope this helps
q
Old 10-13-2009, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cfo20
I haven't been out to the marina in a while where I keep my 260. It was inaccessible for a few weeks due to flooding, now it is getting cold and usually raining when I have time (weekends). So I am concerned the two batteries have died and I cannot get into the hatch. The two batteries are hooked to a Perko switch that is accessible.

So my dumb question of the week is how do you get the hatch open when the batteries are dead on a (1999) 260?

This is a pain

Early on my manufactuerer cut out 2 holes behind the seat back so you can pull the hatch pins if needed- later model have a molded plug to charge through the back if needed.

Or You could trickle through a 12v socket.

Worst comes to worst take the hatch off from the back. Before I did that I'd try to trickle through anywhere before that.

UD
Old 10-13-2009, 09:18 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

jumper cables through the accesible perko switch. Should give you enough o get the hatch up.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:17 AM
sl
Registered

Velocity usually has a small swing plate mounted to the lift arm/hatch bracket. It allows you to lift the hatch up about 3-4" without any power. You then should be able to access the quick release pin from the bracket and manually lift the hatch. It's heavy but one person should be able to lift the hatch.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Registered

If your hatch actulator is located in the back of the motor, u should be able to lift it up without any power, i can lift mine atleast 2-3ft without releasing the pin..hers a pic of mine
Attached Thumbnails Get into hatch with dead battery-latest-pics-825.jpg  
Old 10-13-2009, 02:18 PM
Registered

As said, trickle or booster pack. Attach pos and neg from booster to as large as you can find wires under dash. Worked for me yesterday, was a dumb a$$ and left the tunes on.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:12 PM
Registered

My 2000 260 could be lifted without power...the previously mentioned swing plate.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Oh Deere
My 2000 260 could be lifted without power...the previously mentioned swing plate.
I do recall the swing plate on the hatch. I didn't even think about the function of it? Once it stops raining here, I will have a chance to go out and check on it. Thanks everyone for the info!
Old 10-14-2009, 07:30 AM
Registered

cfo, if you need a hand, let me know! I am right around the corner from you. Be more than happy to help!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.