Blueprinting results! >

Blueprinting results!

Notices

Blueprinting results!

Old 10-19-2009, 10:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blueprinting results!

Finally picked up the boat from Extreme Bodyworks tonight. I was beginning to think that testing just wasn't in the cards for tonight. I forgot the check so I had to turn around and go home. Then I forgot my GPS at work, had to go get that. Finally got to Extreme, talked to chris a little, go to leave the parking lot and turns out a screw in my tire drained the right rear tire on my trailer. Got to a gas station and bought some fix a flat (my tire guy is going to hate me) and the dang plastic nozzle gets stuck on the valve stem! So I finally got it off, the tire aired up and over to the boat ramp.

First run was with the 28p 4blade Hydromotive that I had been running. Before the blueprint best speed was 78 on gps and the boat was all over the place, couldn't trim it out all the way without it falling off the pad and going into a violent chin walk. After the blueprinting I hit 83mph on gps and the boat was so stable I could have taken my hands off the steering wheel! The whole reason I got the boat blueprinted wasn't really for more speed, it was for controlling the boat at the speed I was at. Well turns out I got both! It literally didn't feel like the same boat. If someone had blindfolded me and taken me for a ride I would say no way this is my boat. It was unbelievable the difference all the way around not just at WOT, it handled chop and boat wake like it never has before.

So both before and after the blueprinting @ wot I am up against the rev limiter with the 28p hydromotive but yet I gained 5 mph! Chris happened to have a 30p b1 that was labbed by Bblades for more bow lift that he was willing to let me try. So after running the hydro I swapped props to the labbed b1 (which was so sharp my dad literally cut his thumb on it). It turned out I didn't have the right hub with me so we had to go to my dad's shop and get one. Finally, I got the boat back in the water before sundown. This prop was even more of an improvement. I started out with the drive zero'd again because I had no idea how the boat was going to handle the prop. The more I trimmed it out the better it felt, I kept trimming it up in small increments, all of a sudden I just hit the sweet spot and the boat didn't turn twist or hop. I glanced down at the GPS just as I hit 86mph! All while feeling in the most control of the boat that I ever have! This was money well spent imo. I don't feel on the verge of losing control and I picked up a bunch of speed. I think I would have gotten more speed out of the labbed b1 but in the time between switching props the lake went from 1' chop to 0 to 6" chop. So the water was a little stickier. With both props I'm on the rev limiter so I'm going to have to talk to Bblades about prop selection.

All in all I have to say Chris at Extreme Bodyworks did a top notch job and I am extremely happy with the results. Now if only it was May instead of October

Last edited by DisturbedVelo22; 10-19-2009 at 10:28 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:22 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very good to here the improvements. If you don't mind me asking what was the cost?
Old 10-20-2009, 06:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 368 Likes on 247 Posts

how much $ per mph that cost? cheaper than engine work?
Old 10-20-2009, 07:38 AM
Registered

$700 basically. The thing is, I gained control and handling and that was something engine work wasn't going to give me. If I had added a bunch of hp instead of doing the hull work I still wouldn't have been able to go much faster than I did because the handling was too tweaky. The water had to be completely pancake to actually get top speed out of the boat before.

Basically here's how it handled before. @ wot I had to move the steering wheel to port and back to center in sync with the bobbing of the bow until I got trimmed out or it would fall off the pad and chine walk BADLY. Once I was trimmed out the bow would wonder and I had to chase the bow or once again it would fall off the pad and chine walk badly, which I was only able to keep it there for 5 to 10 seconds before having to back because I was starting to lose it. It hardly responded to trim at all, meaning the difference between trimmed up and zero'd was maybe 2 mph. Also in order to run wot and trimmed out I had to use trim tabs.

Now that I had this done there's no chasing the bow, there's no jerking the wheel to port to keep it on the pad, and once I'm trimmed out keeping it on the pad was a piece of cake. There was one time where I hit a cross wake last night and the boat started to chine walk but I was able to get it back on the pad easily with steering input, letting off the throttle slightly and hammering down again. Before once it started chine walking I had to slow down to 50mph before it would settle down again.

I guess the major thing is, it feels like if I wanted to make the boat go faster now thru engine mods or prop/drive set up I could. Before I was basically going beyond the ability of the hull in its state before the blueprinting. I couldn't be more happy with the job Chris did.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:23 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thoses are great results!
I'd say it's worth 3 times what you paid, maybe more.

I do know that Velocity has/does blueprinted the raceboats and it's likely an option during the build process.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:41 PM
Registered

Oh it was worth every penny. Especially for $140 per mph, what other mod is that cheap? But like I said, I wouldn't have cared if I went exactly the same speed as long as the boat became controllable. The increase in speed was just a bonus.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:40 PM
Registered

What made you blueprint the bottom, was it concave or convex. Could you visually see the problem. How far up the pad did he have to go?
Old 10-21-2009, 06:59 PM
Registered

were is extremebody works located and whats the number
Old 10-21-2009, 09:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by REDS32
were is extremebody works located and whats the number
me too
Old 10-21-2009, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is blueprinting a bottom of a boat intail?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.