Next project is a CAT >

Next project is a CAT

Notices

Next project is a CAT

Old 01-07-2010, 08:40 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tonight Clear. Lows around 7. North winds around 15 mph.
OK is a bith in the winter and a bich in the summer and a bich in between.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1
When and where,22 degrees and starting to snow.
Theres my little buddy. It's crazy I have to start another project to get everyone going in here.

Wheres Dkerns at I need my steering rams back...

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 01-07-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

[A little history on the cat, I was built in 1995 and was a race boat for 2 years with 850hp engines the name of the boat was "American Express" she simi stuffed with some light damage to the front in 1997.
The owner wanted to race in the unlimited open class anyway so he took the boat had it lengthened to 35' and the reinforcement took place and a new transom added cause he wanted to run arnesons.]

And here is a little more history. Back in 1986 our race team [M-17 Magic] took delivery of a new 33' Image [EXPRESS] cat to race in the APBA modified class. With our in house built 550hp 372cu chevy eng & merc speed III's she would run 110mph. Her sister cat the Baja Bandit with merc power [about 510hp] & speed IV's ran about 108mph. These were great hulls. When Bob Kehrig retired from racing he sold her and may have raced as Bad To The Bone, after that we lost track of her. That was until the 1991 Key West Worlds, when she became the 35' [now with the add on beaks] open class Ray Ban Sunglass cat. With big block Merc power she was one of the fastest in open class. Sadly she flipped or stuffed in the first race never to race again. I believe there was one more built like this to race by the name of KAT that raced open class that may have become this one Screaming Eagle. As I said these hulls were fast and never needed much if any trim tabs. My only suggestion would be to add a brace [about 15" up from the bottom] in the sides of the gunnel in the engine compartment, we blew our rear side out in 1986 and then added them.
Attached Thumbnails Next project is a CAT-magic.jpg   Next project is a CAT-baja-bandit-kw87%2520baja%25201.jpg   Next project is a CAT-image-se.jpg  

Old 01-08-2010, 12:00 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by h2oboater
[A little history on the cat, I was built in 1995 and was a race boat for 2 years with 850hp engines the name of the boat was "American Express" she simi stuffed with some light damage to the front in 1997.
The owner wanted to race in the unlimited open class anyway so he took the boat had it lengthened to 35' and the reinforcement took place and a new transom added cause he wanted to run arnesons.]

And here is a little more history. Back in 1986 our race team [M-17 Magic] took delivery of a new 33' Image [EXPRESS] cat to race in the APBA modified class. With our in house built 550hp 372cu chevy eng & merc speed III's she would run 110mph. Her sister cat the Baja Bandit with merc power [about 510hp] & speed IV's ran about 108mph. These were great hulls. When Bob Kehrig retired from racing he sold her and may have raced as Bad To The Bone, after that we lost track of her. That was until the 1991 Key West Worlds, when she became the 35' [now with the add on beaks] open class Ray Ban Sunglass cat. With big block Merc power she was one of the fastest in open class. Sadly she flipped or stuffed in the first race never to race again. I believe there was one more built like this to race by the name of KAT that raced open class that may have become this one Screaming Eagle. As I said these hulls were fast and never needed much if any trim tabs. My only suggestion would be to add a brace [about 15" up from the bottom] in the sides of the gunnel in the engine compartment, we blew our rear side out in 1986 and then added them.
Thanks for the photo's and info those look so cool the good old days.....VV
Old 01-08-2010, 08:28 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

H20, there was also a 35 built for the late Randy Linebach back in 90/91 i remember seeing it at the shop, randy never took delivery because he wasn't happy with the build this could also be his hull. I heard that your old 33/35 sat in fla for years after the key west accident. Wonder what year the trailer is looks like this boat is the old screaming eagle. baja became KAT

Last edited by bill63; 01-08-2010 at 09:02 AM.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:31 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by bill63
H20, there was also a 35 built for the late Randy Linebach back in 90/91 i remember seeing it at the shop, randy never took delivery because he wasn't happy with the build this could also be his hull. I heard that your old 33/35 sat in fla for years after the key west accident. Wonder what year the trailer is looks like this boat is the old screaming eagle. baja became KAT
Bill, I heard she was in the Key's rotting away, but that was about 5 years ago, today ???????? John Avery lives down there now but has'nt been abel to find her. Some one dropped a new blank 33' Express off at the end of my street in a vacant lot, it would make a great retro Magic. I put Rob K on to it,, you never know.. Randy also had a Warlock cat that he didnt like much ether.. Are you down in Florida now with the rest of the Michigan boy's ? Big Wave and I are ready to come back down, but I think it's has been warmer up here..
Old 01-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Bill, I heard she was in the Key's rotting away, but that was about 5 years ago, today ???????? John Avery lives down there now but has'nt been abel to find her. Some one dropped a new blank 33' Express off at the end of my street in a vacant lot, it would make a great retro Magic. I put Rob K on to it,, you never know.. Randy also had a Warlock cat that he didnt like much ether.. Are you down in Florida now with the rest of the Michigan boy's ? Big Wave and I are ready to come back down, but I think it's has been warmer up here..
marc, just got back heading back in 2 weeks, check out fmo forum we did new years fun run what a blast. you and bwd got to come down and visit.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:57 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Things are coming along so far.

Pulled Supercat engines, drives gimbals and boxes and all the nice rigging I put in it, resivors, battery boxes, trim pump holders, pre oilers, sea strainners, Fuel pumps, water seperators, VHF radio, swapped 380 K-plans to 280, Piratecom intercom system and such.
Sold XR drives, gimbals and Imco boxes,
Bought two complete 502cid-465HP mercury engines.
Bought two low hr. bravo one drives and 2 newly rebuilt B1 gimbals.
Dynoed that Super Cat engine again just to check it, made 635HP ran it on up to 7,000 rpms "talk to me baby".
Cleaning bilge now for re rig.
Drives and gimbals will be in tomorrow and can throw the gimbals on. Motors arrive first of the week.
Next week, Dyno 465 HP engines to make sure they don't need anything.
Clean, paint and install 465 HP engines. Drives look good nothing needed as far as paint and gimbals have been painted already during the rebuild.
Sell the Velocity to free up some cash to rig the Cat W #6's instead of Arnesons

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 02-21-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

I know where you can get some low hour dynoed 540"/800hp natural take outs asking 30k pr . MDG built installed and maintained them so he knows their history . Used only the best parts when assenbled . Might be worth a look , 1/2 the price of new . He's built mine for 20 years now and I am very happy customer !!!

Last edited by notda1; 01-15-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by notda1
I know where you can get some low hour dynoed 540"/800hp natural take outs asking 30k pr . MDG built installed and maintained them so he knows their history . Used only the best parts when assenbled . Might be worth a look , 1/2 the price of new . He's built mine for 20 years now and I am very happy customer !!!
I have heard good about him, I think he trades too. I'll call him and see what he has to offer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.