Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
HIN# different then my title!!!! >

HIN# different then my title!!!!

Notices

HIN# different then my title!!!!

Old 02-15-2010, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HIN# different then my title!!!!

I have an issue that I'm hoping somebody can shed some light on it for me. I was looking at my registration on my boat tonight and noticed that the HIn# does not match the registration. the numbers are the same except for the last digit. My reg. and all paperwork have the year as a 97 but the HIN shows it as a 98. does is there any reason for this or do I have a major issue on my hands?? I'm having the HIN run as I type to see if both numbers come back to me. Anyone ever run into this before?? Thanks. Boat is a 97 or 98 Velocity
Old 02-15-2010, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Been known to happen before!
Old 02-15-2010, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

The stamped number on the boat is the date the hull was built . The year of the boat can be later based on when it was finished being rigged . One examlpe is you can buy a new 2010 hull with an open MSO take it home and rigg it . Boat dosen't finish till 2011 , then it can be registered as a new 2011 when completed
Old 02-15-2010, 09:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by notda1
The stamped number on the boat is the date the hull was built . The year of the boat can be later based on when it was finished being rigged . One examlpe is you can buy a new 2010 hull with an open MSO take it home and rigg it . Boat dosen't finish till 2011 , then it can be registered as a new 2011 when completed
Mine has a HIN plate on it. I dont think that it is stamped underneath it. The title says its a 97. The plate says it a 98.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just ran into the same issue with my 84 Baja Force 250. I just sold it on ebay last week, and while going through paper work, I notice my last digit on the hull did not match the last digit on the title. Back in 84 and prior the last 3 digit specified the month and year of manufacture. My title read 84G, but the boat was stamped 84H. I took the title into the Michigan Secretary of States office, along with a pencil tracing of the hull id and submitted the change. It only cost me $5.00. They are going to make the change and send out a new title to me.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:51 AM
Registered

Easy fix in NY. My Powerplay had 55 on reg.& title, HIN and hidden HIN had SS. Did a pencil trace and took picture to DMV and was issued new reg. & title.