Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this the boat?
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...oat_id=2169169

It's very nice...congrats!
Old 05-08-2010, 06:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I left friday morning to pick up the Boat in Cape Coral, everything went well until the final crank of the bow to the trailer. The strap split and the clip disconnected. Oh crap, so i did a few nautical knots to the front eye and towed it to the trailer manufacturer. They put a new strap and hook on, when we went to tighten it, one of the gear teeth broke in the winch and i had to pull it off and replace with a new one. I added straps to the rear since i will probably trailer it down to the keys and i know the Monroe county cops are very aggressive with people who don't use them. That was a quick $200.

As i was coming back on alligator alley, my wife asked me if i heard that, of course with my damaged hearing i did not. So about 15 miles later i stopped at the Miccosukee truck stop to fill up. When i walked around the trailer to check things, i noticed the rear passenger tire of the trailer completely shredded. I was extremely happy at that point having dual axle. So i had to decide, do i call for a tire guy to drive over, big bucks, or do i chance it to Weston about 40 miles. I limped it at 40mph, about 20 miles later, all black SUV's pulled up behind me, i mean totally blacked out, with the blues and reds going. The big explorers like you see in the movies or with the president..I pulled over, ended up knowing the cops who were feds, they told me they are doing interdiction on the alley. Looks like there are allot of smugglers bringing their boats across the alley loaded down with drugs.

We chatted and i made it to Weston and the Firestone store who had no trailer tires but did have a car tire for the size, 20 minutes and $88 later i was on my way. I made it to the dry storage in 25 minutes. Today will be boat enjoyment day..

I will not be launching from 14 street since as it will be kept in dry storage. Will shoot some pics today.