Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BP relief well

http://bp.concerts.com/gom/kwellsreliefwells062710.htm
Old 06-29-2010, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow,what a tragedy.Thanks for sharing that KC,Very interesting stuff.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

if only they had produced and released informative factual presentations from the start of this mess....
Old 06-29-2010, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Interesting piece, I think much of the public would feel better seeing the dedication and concern of the people that are involved with the hands-on portion of the operation. Seeing these folks is much more meaningful than the CEO's doing the bla bla bla... Just my two cents..RB
Old 06-30-2010, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Powerquest230
Interesting piece, I think much of the public would feel better seeing the dedication and concern of the people that are involved with the hands-on portion of the operation. Seeing these folks is much more meaningful than the CEO's doing the bla bla bla... Just my two cents..RB
IMO BP has suffered from not bringing more people into this. I have no doubts that they've worked hard on this matter, and I have no doubts that they some of the most brilliant minds in the industry pounding away at this problem, but their efforts haven't been properly presented to the public and their efforts are not public enough (meaning that its hard to see what they're doing without knowing what's going on in the inside - you can't see them actively trying to clean up, etc.).

Their CEO took a position that they are going to hunker down and concentrate entirely on stopping the leak and solving the "problem" rather than fixing the symptoms. I realize that they need to dedicate their INTERNAL resources in this manner, but I think that they could have and should have done more from a PR standpoint, and from an external resource contractor standpoint.

I don't understand why they didn't have private companies from the start out there cleaning up oil with BP logos plastered all over them. That oil rig should have been surrounded by BP boats (or sub contracted BP boats) cleaning up oil everywhere in the vicinity.

I understand and respect their approach in the "we're not going to speak to you, it takes too much time, we need to solve the problem," but a phone call to a number of private subcontractor oil clean up companies that would work diligently while they were trying to stop the leak and fix the problem would have been HUGE for the surrounding areas, the beaches, and their public support.